Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Development
Our mission at Rhino is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started…
We are looking for an Associate / Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Development to join our People Operations team. As a key contributor, you will help create an inclusive culture in which every Rhino can reach their full potential, and that will attract, develop, retail and engage extraordinary talent to help our growth.
Specifically, you will support operationalizing D&I related projects and how it embeds in the areas of employee experience. You have a track record of managing and influencing complex roles and organizations and are excited to thread diversity and inclusion in all areas of the employee journey.
This is a unique opportunity to partner with all functional leaders and teams from the ground up. As Rhino continues to grow, you will have the opportunity to flex your expertise in certain areas while building new opportunities to deepen in other disciplines of talent performance.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives and Learning & Development (L&D) programming to create and sustain an environment of full life-cycle talent management, a healthy and inclusive workplace culture.
You will partner with our Onboarding, Talent (Recruiting), HRBPs and People Operations team members to help architect, translate and lead scalable programming, resources and tools for our employees, leaders and People Ops teams. You will help shape Rhino’s community groups, employee resource groups, ongoing learning programs, surveys, and more to help employees achieve their best work and strengthen their sense of community.
In this role you will:
- Support the creation and implementation of DEI, L&D, and Talent programs and frameworks for Rhino
- Manage and support the engagement of Rhino employees through various platforms, inspire storytelling, and launch compelling and consistent communication plans
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion initiatives across implemented talent and employee engagement strategies
- Identify and maintain relationships with external organizations that align with Rhino’s DEI initiatives: (university groups, industry groups, vendors, facilitators, recruitment platforms, etc.)
- Build and manage strong internal relationships and gain organizational buy-in and adoption in a fast-growing, mission driven environment
- Lead by example and positively influence stakeholders, clients and team members
- Project manage program roadmaps with key deliverables and milestones, communicate frequent program updates, identify blind spots or risks, recommended adjustments, and ensure commitments are delivered and communicated
- Remain current with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the evolving legislative landscape impacting local regulations, laws and policies related to D&I
We’re ideally seeking:
- While we do not specify a number of years of experience, it is important to understand that this is not an entry level role. We are seeking an individual with a deep passion for diversity, equity & inclusion, learning & development, and proven experience in project management.
- Passionate about D&I and L&D, curious by nature, seek challenges as an opportunity to make change happen, understand the complexities of the topic, either through prior professional experience or personal interest
- Strong storytelling and ability to influence and inspire candidates, employees, partners, and more about our mission, people and product
- Experience in one or many people operations disciplines: recruiting, performance management, HR, employee relations, DEI, employee engagement and retention, internal mobility, career pathing, etc.
- Outstanding sense of organization and experienced in project management, managing small to large scale projects from design to implementation with various deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that can adapt based on the internal and external audience; experience in facilitating and presenting (in person and virtual) to all levels of an organization
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality with a keen sense of business acumen
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.