Full-stack Senior Software Developer, Messaging
Come join our brand new messaging team at ReCharge! We’re looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to take our MVP messaging product to the next level. With ReCharge Messaging merchants can connect to their customers instantly, drive engagement, build trust, and increase long-term value for their business.
In this role, you will work with a team of engineers to build out this early stage product. As senior level engineer you will touch all parts of the stack, and help make design decisions. In this role you'll move fast, research, document, and think through problems to design and develop messaging features for our customers.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Ruby, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Redis, Docker, GCP, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams to build new features at scale.
- Understand roadmap priorities and write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Building new services that scale; deploy code daily.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically around 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Expert knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless environments
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; pragmatic; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.