EMEA Cloud Partner Development Manager for: Google, AWS & Microsoft
The Alliances & Channels organization at Elastic provides leadership developing partnerships with our Strategic Consulting Partners, Service and Cloud Partners. Elastic is transforming the industry and works closely with our Cloud Partners Microsoft, Google and AWS. The Partner Development Manager Cloud (PDM) is responsible for helping lead this change with responsibility for driving the strategic development and EMEA wide management of our cloud alliances.
The EMEA Cloud Partner Development Manager (PDM) will be responsible for developing and managing our key cloud alliances with Microsoft, Google and AWS, including regional cloud strategy and Go-To-Market plan, regional sales team alignment, supporting channel organizations, and other key stakeholders. The PDM’s responsibility will be to develop and drive the execution of revenue-driving programs and initiatives as well as capacity growth and customer success. The PDM will also be responsible for evangelizing Elastic’s value proposition within the partner organization and facilitating the partner’s value proposition within Elastic and affiliated companies. Key to the position is effective collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, including sales, alliances, marketing, legal, and operations.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with regional leader(s) from Microsoft, Google and AWS to develop a joint strategy and plan that includes investments in capacity and skills, co-selling (influenced) revenue, and development of industry & cloud-based accelerators.
- Work with the regional partner organization to execute GTM plans in EMEA and developing region specific capacity plans, driving influenced ACV growth and delivering customer success.
- Take joint Elastic-partner sales plays, offerings and industry assets/solutions to specific markets for local execution and engagement with our Elastic field sales teams.
- Joint solution development & execution - Commercialize industry solutions or product extensions to leverage partner IP and vertical expertise with Elastic teams.
- Execute, manage and deliver EMEA pipeline and revenue tied to Microsoft, Google and AWS strategies and initiatives in close alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive execution in concert with regional ecosystem resources.
- Identify target accounts and sign off with sales and partner leadership.
- Review sales play metrics/effectiveness on recurring basis with Partners, Partner Sales team, Sales Regions & Business Development teams.
- Maintain pipeline and dashboards that communicate to Executive Leadership the effectiveness of identified programs and investments. Conduct regular cadence between Microsoft, Google and AWS & Elastic EMEA stakeholders
- Communications - Ensure effective and timely internal & external communication and coordination of Elastic’s ecosystem strategy & execution results. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities; at times other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Work with Microsoft, Google and AWS business development and technical personnel, and Elastic Partner SAs, to craft mutually-beneficial business models and solution offerings that drive new opportunities in the market.
- Educate Microsoft, Google and AWS staff on Elastic’s technology and how our technology fits into their overall GTM strategy and portfolio of products and services offerings
- Educate Elastic Field Team on Microsoft, Google and AWS & Elastic joint solution capabilities.
What You Bring Along:
- 10+ years in a channel sales or channel management roles focused on Global Strategic Partners ideally with an extensive business network in Microsoft, Google or AWS (EMEA)
- Deep knowledge of SaaS, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, and other relevant data center technologies from the application layer, through storage and fabric layers
- Extensive external industry network with 10+ years of SaaS based solutions and/or open source technologies
- Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; able to focus and execute in a changing environment; ability to make things happen.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills, using relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams and has substantial impact on investments and program effectiveness.
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced revenue or channel sales through global strategic system integrators
- Demonstrable proof of scaling capacity of global strategic partners’ technology practices
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed global organization.
- Strong drive and character qualities that match with company core values and inspires others to follow and act
- Executive presence to lead and manage the most strategic global partners.
- Strong executive selling and business development skills; proven ability to understand different partner GTM and Organizational models.
- Understanding of service offering creation, marketing, lead generation and professional services organization key performance indicators.
- Fluent in English is a must, other languages as a plus, especially German, Spanish or French
- Willingness to travel and Experienced in EMEA markets, customs and individual country business protocols and dynamics