BI Developer, Looker (Remote)
Signifyd leads the world in bringing the insights, innovation and compassion required to foster fearless commerce in a time of increasing digital threats. Working with some of the industry’s most recognizable retailers and brands, we are focused on using technology to enhance customer lifetime value and protect enterprises from fraud so they can focus on growing their business.
We process more than $100 billion in ecommerce transactions annually through our Commerce Network of more than 10,000 merchants selling in more than 100 countries. We focus every day on harnessing machine learning and artificial intelligence in more powerful ways to maximize our customers’ revenue and their security. None of that happens without the right people.
Our team’s strength is in its diversity and its acceptance of new ideas and new ways to look at old challenges. We are dedicated disruptors designing a new world of commerce at scale. We know humans are not one-dimensional and we celebrate the uniqueness each individual brings to the problems we solve and the culture we create.
As a Looker Solutions Developer, you combine a love of data with both insightful business judgment and impactful communication skills to develop and help in the execution of company-wide data governance and KPI initiatives. You will be responsible for designing and implementing reporting solutions using looks and dashboards, modeling metadata, as well as administration and maintenance of the Looker platform. You will help empower colleagues to live up to our values of Being Curious and Hungry, Designing for Scale, and Exercising Agility. You are ready to partner with Signifyers from all departments in company-wide initiatives and provide quantitative and technical support, analytical insight, market understanding and a strategic perspective.
- Design and develop LookML models, explores, Dashboards, and workflows in the Looker platform
- Implement persistent derived tables, caching policies, version control and assess code quality, utilize SQL Runner for data validation.
- Build, maintain and administer Looker as the primary BI tool and be the driving force behind the adoption and effective use of Looker within every team
- Investigate, improve and optimize query performance for improved user experience.
- Influence internal and external stakeholders to design and adopt processes that elevate data integrity and facilitate self-help analytics and proper data governance
- Build and lead impactful and KPI-centric relationships with cross-functional team members
- Help create and maintain coding standards (style guides, etc.) and perform code reviews for other BI developers or technical analysts
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent technical knowledge and experience
- At least 3 years + of experience developing within Looker
- Excellent SQL skills and advanced proficiency in LookML
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
- Experience working on projects from feature definition to project deployment through the development lifecycle
- Experience informing and assisting peers and other business stakeholders on various business initiatives
You will stand out if you are or have:
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices (code style guides, linting, pull request reviews, GitHub branch/merge processes, etc.)
- Understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Experience within retail, Ecommerce and/or fintech