Competitive Intelligence Manager
Tanium is continuing to build its Competitive Intelligence function which is an integral component of Tanium’s go-to-market and product strategy functions. Competitive Intelligence Managers are responsible for analyzing Tanium’s ever-changing competitive landscape to inform both strategic and tactical decision makers throughout the company. Specifically, Competitive Intelligence Managers serve as resident experts on the market and primary resource for Tanium’s marketing and sales teams as they face competitive pressure.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the resident expert for all technical aspects of competitive analysis for a given solution area.
- Gather intelligence about the competition through primary and secondary collection methods, including attending industry conferences.
- Analyze findings and develop Tanium’s competitive positioning and messaging.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to develop sales-forced competitive collateral to educate internal teams on Tanium’s competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide an objective assessment of Tanium’s true competitive position as well as provide recommendations to internal teams to increase Tanium’s competitive edge.
- Assist with and participate in product launches, product demonstrations, partner/customer conferences, and strategic planning sessions.
- Expect less than 20% travel.
We are looking for someone with:
- Required Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience working in the information security industry in a technical capacity.
- Strong technical knowledge with a genuine curiosity to learn new technologies.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Self-starter with a team-oriented work style.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills with proven ability to effectively present to a wide variety of audiences.
- Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Operator-level experience with Tanium products.
- Hands-on experience installing or maintaining security, compliance, and/or operations management tools.
- Experience with computer networking, TCP/IP stack, and a variety of protocols (i.e., HTTP, SMTP).
- CISSP or other industry certifications.
- Experience analyzing competitors and/or competitive intelligence certifications (i.e., CIP).
- Member of Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP).
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”