Content Operations Manager
Remote - US
The Content Operations Manager is responsible for facilitating and executing work that supports and optimizes the content lifecycle, acting as a liaison linking cross-functional teams to prioritize content creation, drive workflow efficiency, provide project management and managing a consolidated editorial calendar that catalogs enterprise-wide content use.
This position reports to the Director of Demand Execution and is part of the Demand Generation team that includes global demand center, marketing operations and account development.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for establishing overall content lifecycle management strategy and operations, from creation and editing through approvals, publishing/activation, auditing, measurement, curation and maintenance
- Manage creative brief development and use, working cross-functionally, including with agencies and freelancers
- Provide operational support for content creation, managing resource allocation, workflows and timelines
- Contribute to search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) initiatives with keyword optimization, cornerstone content and metadata management
- Aggregate and maintain inputs for content planning, including audience insights, personas, messaging, competitive information, product knowledge and feedback from contributors and other stakeholders
- Ensure all projects are scoped, planned and developed on schedule
- Manage, contribute to and publish content to support demand generation programs
- Support corporate brand, content governance, and product and campaign message
- Working with marketing operations, report on content measurement using analytics tools, marketing automation, content management systems and social media management tools; make recommendations for optimizing content quality, processes and activation channels
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone experienced in:
- Content lifecycle management and/or complex project management
- Mapping content to the buyer’s journey
- Working with agencies and freelancers and owning the end-to-end process of content ideation, development, review and delivery
- SEO best practices, keyword research and optimization
- Managing content audit process and inventory maintenance, taxonomy management, cornerstone content and metadata management
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and consensus-building skills – can work with cross-functional teams including upstream content contributors and downstream content activators
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Strong ability to use content measurement tools to extract actionable data and conduct analysis
- Can use web analytics tools and perform basic data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business, English, journalism or other liberal arts or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of B2B corporate marketing, content marketing and/or creative agency experience
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.