Senior Manager, Content Marketing
Remote - US
The Sr. Manager, Content Marketing will oversee content development and thought leadership for Tanium marketing including our brand messaging, blog, contributed thought-leadership, emails, newsletters, and more. Working with a team of content creators both internal and external, this person will lead strategy and day-to-day editorial execution across content marketing formats while enforcing a consistent brand voice across the organization.
As the leader of the content marketing team, the Sr. Manager will work closely with internal thought-leaders, content strategists, various marketing functions, designers, and project managers to create content that embodies our brand, provides value to the security market, establishes our category leadership, and aligns with our larger business goals, including driving awareness among our core buying audience.
This collaborative leader possesses outstanding editorial skills, is deeply interested in content and culture, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and understands how to motivate a team to produce exceptional work. We are looking for a natural storyteller, with great editorial vision and a deep passion for technology who can accelerate our growth by contributing and directing content that drives awareness and engagement.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and execute a content strategy for Tanium that drives awareness for our brand, technology category, and leadership.
- Create and oversee the editorial guidelines that ensure a consistent brand voice and accessible formats for the different types of content used across Tanium marketing and sales collateral and campaigns, including the blog, newsletters, display ads, and contributed articles.
- Create and manage the Tanium content calendar, and ensure collaboration across teams and marketing disciplines.
- Create a program for content capture from events, as well as within Tanium itself.
- Manage content writers and brand and content agencies and contractors.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with PR, product marketing, demand gen, and field, and partner marketing, as well as thought leaders and executives across the company.
- Measure content effectiveness with metrics that establish, validate, and continuously iterate on the content strategy.
- Assist in the development of thought leadership and other corporate presentations.
Who we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in content development/management. Foundations in marketing, journalism, publishing, or media preferred.
- Experience in brand building and curation, including the development and management of brand and style guidelines, corporate-level positioning, and the development of multimedia content that supports it.
- Exceptional editorial skills and a deep understanding of how to craft and evolve narratives, guide contributors, and keep creative workstreams on track.
- 3+ years of experience in Cybersecurity, Cloud, and/or B2B software market segments
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven record of developing and executing new content series.
- You possess a journalistic eye and process to evaluate what makes a story a story.
- You’re excited by growth stage environments, passionate about wrestling things to the ground, and eager to make decisions and drive the process.
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.