Regulatory Affairs Coordinator
Remote - Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Goodfood (TSX:FOOD) is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions that make it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week. Goodfood’s mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling members to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in minutes. At Goodfood, we strive to be the leading online grocery service in Canada. Everyday, we change the way Canadians eat from coast-to-coast by delivering the freshest ingredients and meals from farm to table.
The Regulatory Affairs Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all elements of product labels are accurate and comply with applicable government regulations. This includes reviewing ingredient and nutrition declarations for our core Ready to Cook Meal Kits product line as well as our rapidly expanding Private Label groceries line. Working closely with the procurement, product development, and graphic design teams, the Regulatory Affairs Coordinator is not only an expert in their field, but also a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What Goodfood can offer you:
- Competitive Group Insurance;
- Personal No Questions asked days;
- Remote work and flexible schedule;
- Annual Goodfood credit;
- Annual fitness credit;
- Employee Stock option program.
Schedule available*: Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (flexible hours)
*Please note that this is a remote position for the time being
Here are the responsibilities for this role:
- Assist in approval of all new suppliers and new ingredients, including verification of supplier’s certifications;
- Maintain updated product specifications sheets for all products; liaise with suppliers as needed;
- Maintain updated product information folders;
- Generate nutritional fact tables for all products and meal kits as needed;
- Coordinate product certifications, documentation and approvals;
- Assist in evaluating product labels and packaging for new and existing products against the appropriate regulations, guidelines, internal labeling standards & policies;
- Ensure that appropriate supporting analysis and documentation is in place to validate/support label claims;
- Work with procurement and product development teams to ensure ingredients and formulations are compliant with the relevant regulatory requirements;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required skills and qualifications:
- 1-2 years Consumer products labeling experience (an asset);
- 1-2 years in a food manufacturing environment;
- College degree in food science, nutrition, or a related field;
- Established knowledge of applicable Canadian regulations (CFIA, FDR, SFCR, CPLR, etc) (asset);
- Outstanding team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be highly organized with a strong focus on detail and accuracy;
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines;
- Copywriting skills (an asset).