As a Release Engineer on the Site Reliability Team at Addepar, you will act as the central point of control and contact for software release efforts and responsible for coordination, timeline and quality gating of delivery to production. This position will be responsible for additional projects or tasks in alignment with the level and scope of the position. The engineer in this role ultimately requires broad knowledge of a range of technology disciplines such as cloud technologies and CI/CD pipelines, an understanding of infrastructure change control and release management. Ideal candidates enjoy working on a variety of different topics and process driven projects. In addition to excellent technical ability, communication skills and problem solving approaches are critical to this role.
- Manage and execute deployment tasks and process for production and staging environments
- Manage pre and post-production cloud infrastructure (we use AWS and Kubernetes)
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Cross-functional collaboration with multiple Engineering teams - Quality, SRE Platform infrastructure, DBA, Operations and Observability - to support and improve existing automated test, release and change management processes
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues, and find and improve performance bottlenecks
- Tracks tasks and sub-tasks in incident tracking tool for releases
- Review and update domain playbooks and create combined release playbook (single source of truth) for scheduled and corrective releases
- Track implementation, validation, and roll-back plans for all releases in documentation
- Manage the oversight and maintenance of Addepar’s platform staging environment as 1-to-1 match of existing production environments including infrastructure deploys, patch management and service availability
- Participate in the team's 24/7 on-call rotation and maintenance to support customer needs
- Create, track, maintain release engineering reports for leadership
- Additional responsibilities on special projects as needed
- Mentorship of less experienced released engineers providing technical guidance and oversight
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with any applied aspect of UNIX/BSD/Linux internals
- Experience with programming/scripting in various common languages, (We use python [boto3], shell, and general UNIX tools)
- Experience with AWS and/or Kubernetes
- Ability to work shift based work hours and on-call support to meet Addepar’s customer needs
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgement
- (Bonus) Full-Time experience in Release Engineering, DevOps, or Software Automation
- (Bonus) Proficient with CI tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI or others
- (Bonus) Experience with Git/GitHub
- (Bonus) Solid understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- (Bonus) Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.