Social Media Community Manager
StraighterLine is an innovative online educational platform that helps solves the #1 issue facing students today – the skyrocketing cost of college.
Position IntroductionWe are looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is social media savvy with a natural instinct for customer service and clear communication. You should be a ‘people person’ with the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community of students. Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage student-facing community communications. Our office is based in Baltimore, MD but this can be a remote-based position for the right candidate.
- Lead the development, launch, and on-going management of a StraighterLine brand ambassador program
- Serve as the voice of the brand to engage with students online and at virtual/physical events
- Establish and lead a “Community Steering Committee” to increase collaboration between SL’s academics, labs, marketing, and student support teams
- Plan and implement social media and email campaigns to engage SL students and alumni
- Collect and track student stories; lead outreach for brand storytelling videos and blog posts
- Respond to student comments on questions on social media in timely and solution oriented fashion
- Plan, develop and execute an event (physical and/or virtual) campaign designed to achieve the above objectives
- Manage efforts to increase the quality and quantity of online reviews
- At least 4 years of experience including 2+ years in community management and or social media for a consumer facing brand
- Must be able to think editorially and have a strong instinct for creative storytelling
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series, writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Positive, can-do attitude
This position is salaried, full-time, and with the possibility to be remote.
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital-- a New York City-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.