Solutions Engineering Manager
Remote - Northeast US
Vonage Sales Mission
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud and real-time business environments. Our team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
Solutions Engineering provides technical subject matter expertise in support of Vonage sales efforts. We study the market, analyze customer experience and ensure solutions achieve both customer and Vonage business goals. We are reliable and dependable partners throughout the sales cycle, from discovery to close. We work with sales teams and with clients and potential clients – to help all parties understand technical processes and capabilities. The Solutions Engineering Manager brings this to life by contributing to solutions design and development and guiding the work of a team of Solutions Engineers.
What you will do
- Provide direction to a team of dedicated Solutions Engineers.
- Oversee the full range of Solutions Engineering activity, including:
- Working with sales, marketing and other stakeholders to understand sales objectives, targeted customers and business priorities,
- Ensuring sales representatives have the requisite technical understanding of Vonage products and services,
- Assisting with proposal development and preparation of associated statements of work,
- Ensuring clients have technical and operational understanding of products pre- and post-purchase,
- Monitoring product and service effectiveness and working with customers to improve operational effectiveness.
- Engage with Vonage senior leadership and key sales, business and technical stakeholders to help craft Solutions Engineering strategies, objectives and priorities.
- Drive top-line revenue by promoting and selling into the current customer base.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the industry and competitors in order to act as a valuable resource to both customer and sales teams.
- Help create and document Solutions Engineering operating policies, procedures and systems.
- Package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership and published assets to help improve Solutions Engineering processes and practices.
What you will bring
- Strong understanding of Vonage products and services: UCaas, IaaS, VoIP and managed WAN & LAN.
- Track record in account management particularly relating to revenue growth and retention.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
- Analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex product and service-related situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to:
- Think strategically but stay on top of tactical initiatives and solutions.
- Integrate trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with sales teams, partners, vendors and customers.
What is required for application
- 10+ years as Solutions/Sales Engineer, prior experience in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- CCaaS experience is required, UCaas and API experience is highly desired
- Demonstrate ability to develop, build and maintain strong relationships with sales team, partners, vendors, and customers
- Must be a compelling, passionate and confident public speaker with communication skills of the highest caliber
- Understands sales process, strategies, and solutions selling
- Ability to analyze complex problems or situations and develop effective solutions
- Ability to create convincing proposals and documentation
- Data Networking, SIP, Cloud Computing certifications
- Strong experience with networking protocols, standards and hardware
- Technical knowledge of Broadsoft and advanced contact center products
- Exceptional work ethic, time management, and organizational skills
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.