Senior Manager, Student Experience
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lambda School is hiring a Senior Manager, Student Experience to join our team. Reporting to the Head of School Operations, this position will play a pivotal role in helping the School deliver an exceptional student experience from end-to-end.
As a potential candidate, you are an experienced leader who is passionate about answering critical business questions and working cross-functionally to drive continuous improvement in the student experience. You love data and get excited about telling stories using narratives derived from data outputs. You have an intense customer centric approach to your work and apply that lens to every stage of the student journey. You are a relationship builder and enjoy listening to the voices of our students and infusing their feedback into creating exceptional experiences for them.
What you'll do:
- Design, collect, and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to develop a deep and nuanced understanding of the student experience across every stage of the student lifecycle
- Oversee the development and management of an effective “voice of the customer” program that consistently communicates actionable insights across the student lifecycle
- Translate “voice of the customer” data into short- and long-term student experience strategies and tactics that have a measurable impact on the business
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to design, launch, and optimize programs that put these strategies and tactics into action
- Serve as the key spokesperson and evangelist for student experience optimization, communicating the vision, strategy, insights and priorities in a clear and compelling manner both within the School and within the company more broadly
- Partner with leadership to identify the key metrics the School should be using to run our day-to-day operations
- Work with Lambda’s data team to stand up reporting, dashboards, and regular status updates on team performance and efficiency
What you'll have:
- 8+ years of experience, with a track record of excellence leveraging CX best practices, principles, and models to deliver measurable improvements to business performance by enhancing the customer experience
- Experience in organizing, planning and executing work from the envisioning stage through implementation, involving numerous stakeholders
- Experience in identifying key metrics and setting up voice-of-the-customer programs
- Passion for understanding the needs, values, and preferences of our student body
- Strong analytical skills; experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Strong interpretive skills; ability to quickly understand data and draw conclusions
- Ability to visualize data in a clear and compelling wayExcellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to use data to present a clear and compelling narrative to multiple audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to lead through influence and foster strong working relationships with cross-functional partners
- Ability to manage and prioritize requests, deadlines, and deliverables
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment that requires flexibility and a startup mindset.Passion for Lambda School’s mission
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.