Product Owner (Single player + Console games)
Remote - United States
At Elo Entertainment, we build products serving a wide variety of gaming communities and millions of players. We are a data focused company, committed to transforming that data into powerful personal narratives through our products. Our product team is at the heart of this effort, working daily to understand our audiences needs, and champion new product and feature initiatives that provide high value to our target audience, while maintaining a competitive edge.
In this role, you will be responsible for owning properties and initiatives relating to our Single Player gaming initiatives. You will work closely with our UX team, Product Marketing, and Content strategy to perform user research, identify key opportunities where the core audience is being underserved, and develop a cohesive product vision and roadmap to deliver successful products. Day to day you will work in an agile fashion, lead standups, build user stories, plan sprints, groom a backlog and then work directly with a highly talented engineering team to ensure ambitious timelines are set and delivered. You will monitor the day to day success of your product portfolio, and report on its health and prioritize key opportunities that are intended to make a significant impact with users.
Elo is a fully remote company with a fully remote culture. In this aspect, we rely on each team member to be fully responsible and accountable for managing their time, working professionally and proactively with other remote team members, and valuing over communication and transparency in all activities. If you are comfortable in a fully remote environment, and excited about working on products that serve millions of gamers in an exciting, fast paced growth industry, Elo may be the right place for you.
- Define and drive the vision for Elo properties (websites / mobile apps) related to Single Player and Console games (this may include speedrunning, achievement tracking, content & reviews, or other opportunities in the space)
- Create business goals, drive alignment of product strategy and manage product delivery in a fast paced environment
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering and User Research to conduct user, market and competitive research to understand the problems and opportunities addressable by the portfolio and its products
- Build a prioritized roadmap for your team through a deep understanding business goals, data insights and user research
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to support success in all areas (content, marketing, user experience)
- Write detailed specifications for new features, or changes, in order to clearly communicate requirements to all team members
- Leverage agile methodologies, including user stories, sprint planning, backlog grooming and daily standups to maintain a focus on delivering constant value
- Report on key metrics using data, and use data to build hypotheses on the most valuable path forward
- Execute in a fast-paced environment
- You have an extensive knowledge of single player games, both current and historic across platforms (PC, Consoles, current generation and previous)
- You are actively engaged with popular communities around those games (Speedrunning, Achievement Tracking, Content sites, etc)
- You are interested in learning about, or have experience with a modern product delivery pipeline (from concept to GTM)
- You are technically savvy, and interested in, or have experience with working in the web or mobile technology space
- You have knowledge of, or are interested in learning about agile delivery methods
- You love data, and are comfortable using data to drive insights into your decision making process, as well as reporting on those findings
- You believe in user research, and are comfortable working collaboratively to build user research plans in order to validate assumptions and confirm key opportunities
- You have a strong technical acumen, and can communicate comfortably with engineers with building actionable clearly defined tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Primarily based in a timezone between PST (UTC -8) and CET (UTC +1).
Why Elo Entertainment?
- Join an established brand, in an exciting growth industry
- Work in an exciting product space to build innovative new products that change the way we think about content and data
- Work on something you love, learn more about the games and the communities that drive them
- Work on experiences that serve millions of people
- Fully remote: love where you work, live where you want
- Within US: full time salaried + benefits
- External to US: full time renewable 6 month contract
- Salary: 60k - 70k USD
- Flexible work schedule & vacation policy
To be able to evaluate your skills and get back to all candidates, please submit a case study of at least one example of work you've done that you think is relevant to this role.