Senior Product Manager, Docs
New York City, Remote North America
The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. MongoDB has been downloaded over 155 million times and has been voted the most wanted database by developers for four years running. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Documentation team is a diverse and highly technical group of engineers who develop and maintain the documentation for the MongoDB product family. Our mission is to help developers and administrators successfully use MongoDB products by providing outstanding documentation. The MongoDB Documentation team is a part of the MongoDB Engineering organization and is tightly integrated with the engineering teams responsible for each product.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will establish a vision and roadmap for the MongoDB documentation. You will report to the Director of Docs, focusing on projects that help readers accomplish their goals faster and improve the docs learning experience. You’ll work cross functionally with content, engineering, product, design, and infrastructure teams to deliver meaningful outcomes for our readers.
In this highly visible position, you will
- Drive vision, strategy, roadmap and target outcomes for the MongoDB documentation
- Define, track, and report on metrics and KPIs for the documentation. Evangelize the value and impact of the documentation to the product org, other engineering teams, and business partners
- Conduct user research and testing to further identify our audience and inform direction and project-level decisions
- Assess reader and business needs to identify gaps and high return areas for improvement, then define product briefs and requirements for documentation projects
- Advocate for the MongoDB learner. Work closely with UI/UX designers and fellow product managers to ensure an excellent user experience and engagement in the documentation
- Participate in quarterly planning sessions to define initiatives, resolve dependencies, and perform data-driven prioritization in a cross functional team
- Keep a pulse on the industry trends for documentation to ensure our docs remain high caliber and consistently engaging to readers
- 5+ years of experience in product management or similar role
- Proven success in having owned product vision and strategy, aligning teams, and prioritizing projects to deliver an online educational service to market
- An eye for user interaction and experienced in using technical documentation
- Highly collaborative, with strong communication skills and ability to convey ideas effectively through different formats, such as detailed documents, user stories, or diagrams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related engineering field, technical communication, information design or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.