Senior Product Engineer - Remote (ROI/ Belfast) (Golang/Java)
Remote - Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posted 11 months ago
Who we are
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionise the fitness industry and we want your help. We are doubling in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans over 60 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to taking group fitness to the next level.
We're a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that is building a platform that saves time, increases retention and ultimately, helps studio and gym owners become more successful.
At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We're looking for people that will do the same!
What you will be doing
- Work with an energised, fun, friendly and customer focused cross-functional team
- Collaborate with designers, developers, product managers and testers to transform ideas into unique, human experiences for fitness entrepreneurs
- Use cutting edge Agile & Lean ways of working underpinned by DevOps and CI/CD
- Be an advocate for predictable, readable, simple and flexible code
- Mentor, pair, and delegate to encourage professional and technical growth
- Improve the scalability and performance of our platform.
Our current technical stack is underpinned by:
- MySQL and MongoDB
What Skills Do I need?
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role where you can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team.
- Extensive hands-on experience with a strong typed language such as Go-Lang or Java.
- Strong Object Oriented coding practices including Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation and Enterprise Integration patterns
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Solid knowledge of Quality and Testing principles.
- Experience working with micro-services.
- Desire to contribute to the wider community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
- Comfortable learning new technologies and systems
And we’d be super impressed if you have:
- Experience with front end frameworks like Angular/React
- Startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage competing priorities, that you’re ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly, and that you understand the role you and your team play in major organizations’ tech strategies.
- Experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Community involvement with open source contributions
- The chance to work at a fast-growing startup in an attractive space
- Freedom to work from wherever you like - We embrace flexible, remote work and have a distributed team across multiple countries.
- The opportunity to help fitness entrepreneurs improve the health of people worldwide
- Autonomy to make what you will; a team, a product or even just a way of doing things
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Taxsaver tickets and BikeToWork scheme
- Any support you need to level up your skills - conferences, books, screen-casts
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs