Advanced Technical Support - MSSL
Bulgaria - Remote
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
The candidate has the opportunity to work with different technologies and learn different aspects of Information Security.
They will mainly work with installing and configuring SSL Certificates and updating websites to be security encrypted behind HTTPS. The role requires knowledge on Programming (mostly PHP), to understand how pieces of code could be used maliciously, Content Management System (CMS) to understand its structure and how attackers take advantage of that and much more. Every ticket or interaction we have with our clients is not only an opportunity to help their business prosper and succeed but also learn a different skill along the way during the installation of the certificate and configuration process.
Location: Remote - Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania and Ukraine
What you'll get to do
- Requesting and installing SSL Certificates (this role will resolve customer issues through support tickets)
- Code reading to fix mixed content
- Feeding our system with new findings to improve our automation process
- Solving problems customers websites with WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and other CMS software
Your experience should include...
- General understanding of security principles and use good security practices in general
- Linux experience – CLI and cPanel
- Experience with Apache, Nginx and other web servers
- Experience with WordPress, Joomla, Magento, vBulletin and other CMS software
- Web Malware Experience (understanding)
- PHP and Shell scripting/automation
- Open source and community participation and contributions a plus
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.