Customer Support Trainer
International Remittance Team
In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $600 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Sendwave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world as easy and affordable as sending a text. Since 2014, our app has allowed users in the US, the UK, Spain, Ireland, France, Italy and Canada to send money instantly to mobile money wallets in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal (and soon Bangladesh) saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We're looking to rapidly expand throughout the globe in the next year. That's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
Delighting our users is a core value at Sendwave. We are looking for a Customer Support Trainer to educate our support team by conducting seminars and interactive courses. Customer Support Trainer responsibilities include facilitating on-the-job coaching, developing educational material and organizing training sessions for new hires. If you’re familiar with teaching soft skills like negotiation and problem-solving, we’d like to consider you! Ultimately, you will make sure our User Protection Support (UPS) Representatives develop their skills and successfully address our user's needs.
In your first few months, you'll:
- Develop digital educational material (e.g. videos and manuals).
- Organize classroom-style seminars about app features/updates and support techniques.
- Conduct role-playing activities to develop interpersonal skills (e.g. negotiation, teamwork and conflict management).
- Identify individual and team skills gaps by monitoring calls and completing quality assurance reviews.
- Create professional development opportunities to help team members further their careers within Sendwave.
- Schedule regular training sessions (e.g. weekly or monthly).
- Ensure new hires take on basic support training courses, including communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Liaise with the enterprise team and encourage on-the-job coaching (e.g. how to handle difficult user cases).
- Coordinate mentorship programs for new customer support representatives.
- Assess the impact of each educational course on staff performance and client satisfaction.
- Maintain updated records of training curricula and material.
- Please also note that this is not a management position, but a role to create and execute training to improve the UPS and LUHS teams
- 2-4 years of experience training adult learners (e.g. college teacher's assistant, support trainer, etc)
- Proficiency in MS Power Point, Keynote or other presentation software a must
- Familiarity with interactive learning activities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Our company, including our support team, is 100% remote. You can be based anywhere in, or between, CST and GMT+2 timezones.
Salary and benefits
- Salary will be based on experience and localized for your local economy.
- Benefits package
Sendwave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.