Enterprise Services Systems Integration Engineer (BigFix SME)
As Enterprise Services Systems Integration Engineer, you will act as a consultant and developer of solutions to migrate a client's existing BigFix capabilities, scripts, reports, and configurations to equivalent Tanium capabilities. In this role, you'll leverage your BigFix, DevOps, SecOps skills along with advanced software orchestration, automation and coding to develop solutions that configure, monitor and optimize Tanium for the client. You will author fixlets in IBM Relevance language, deploy software on Linux servers and be responsible for configuration management of the deployed software.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our customers to:
- To integrate solutions.
- Ensuring 3rd-party products integrate into the Tanium's platform in a safe and coherent way.
- Create system architectures and develop working prototypes with small teams.
- Collaborate closely with Product Development teams.
- Rewrite legacy data integrations to follow modern standards and practices.
We’re looking for someone with:
- BS in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience with IBM BigFix and enterprise platform integrations.
- Creating and modifying of custom fixlets in IBM relevance language.
- Creating and maintaining various BigFix reports, troubleshooting the BigFix client and relaying communication issues in a large multi-site deployment.
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for BigFix application and agents
- Providing documentation and training on BigFix, creating custom fixlets and deploying them
- Linux server administration and scripting experience
- 3+ years experience in development and management required for REST and SOAP implementations.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise security and/or ops domain.
- Experience with code merging and branching methodologies using GitHub.
- Experience integrating API-based commercial software products.
- Experience with integration of cloud-based services with internally hosted solutions.
- Astute written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to consistently and cogently address our customers' needs.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented culture, delivering a significant individual contribution while collaborating with and strengthening teammates.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.