Federal Technical Writer
The Enterprise Services Federal Technical Writer works closely with Tanium customers to develop technical documentation or playbooks, to accompany our platform and products. You will be responsible for developing consumable, accurate and timely documentation, from which Tanium's prospects and customers derive real value. As a Technical Writer, your technical aptitude will help you keep up with the Technical Account Managers (TAMs) to understand our customers' environments and the value that Tanium products provide.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our customers to:
- Plan and write security software installation, user, and admin guides as well as other documentation
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts for technical capabilities
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals in accordance with statement of work
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Participate in development of and recommendations for documentation style standards, information architecture, tools, and best practices
- Build standard documents for the customer tailored to their environment
- Create Tanium processes and nuances Operations Manual for users in their enterprise
- Coordinating technical contributors and customer personnel for input to playbook and SOP development
- Ensuring the timely and technically accurate delivery of input from contributors
- Travel - 25%
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required from the following:
- Journalism / English / Communications / Computer science / Engineering
- 5 years' experience writing for a system administrator audience
- Experience documenting for both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience working with users to document processes and procedures based on software product usage
- Familiarity with XML, HTML, topic-based/structured authoring, and single-sourcing; knowledge of DITA
- Experience with IT security software/products
- Demonstrates clear, concise, and precise documentation of technical subject matter and procedures
- Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills and ability to conduct an interview with a customer
- Demonstrates a replicable system for creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multitasking
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.