Software Security Architect
Posted 2 months ago
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
To support the next generation of innovation and growth of these solutions, Bottomline is investing in building a central product and innovation platform (PaaS) called Bottomline IQ. The IQ platform will be where all of our future solution innovations will be built upon, and will provide a technology path for our existing product portfolios to evolve. Focused on API & Data centric first approach with a cloud native design, IQ will leverage modern technologies including Microservices, Container deployments and orchestration while focusing on automation and CI/CD pipeline delivery for cloud native solutions.
In support of this platform, Bottomline Technologies is seeking a Software Security Architect to join its global security team. This position shall be dedicated to collaborate with the Bottomline BTIQ global product owners and development teams to ensure that software security controls are integrated throughout the software development lifecycle.
The location for this position is open (East Coast preferred), but can also be based out of our Portsmouth, NH or Alpharetta, GA office
How you’ll contribute:
- Accountable for the day-to-day operations of the Software Security program focused on the Bottomline IQ Platform
- Collaborate with product development and solution delivery teams to provide expertise and support for information security matters related to software and infrastructure technologies
- Contribute to security planning, assessment, risk analysis, certification, and awareness activities with product teams and developers
- Continuously assess, measure, and monitor information security risk by performing software vulnerability assessments and penetration tests
- Identify weak or missing security controls and security vulnerabilities in software development processes and infrastructure deployments
- Measure performance indicators of program activities and effectively communicate status to stakeholders
- Review existing policies and procedures and work with management to keep them updated
- Stay abreast of emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and be active in the security community
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Software Development and Infrastructure Delivery owners
- Proactively supports, trains, and motivates less experienced security and development team members
- Review plans for product & cloud architecture, cloud delivery and operational improvements
- Help identify security design flaws and proactively make recommendations for improving product designs security practices
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technology-related field or equivalent work experience required
- Relevant Security Testing certifications CEH, OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN, or GMOB preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in Software Security, Software Development, Security Operations, or equivalent
- Web application vulnerability identification, including extensive OWASP knowledge, such as cross-site scripting (XSS), sessions hijacking, Injection, CSRF, and other attack vectors.
- Penetration testing techniques to find Remote code execution, Buffer overflow, Privilege escalation, Database injection, Exploiting payloads, Path injection, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience with static and dynamic code security assessment tools
- Knowledge of Secure Software Development Lifecycle frameworks and processes
- Experience with scripting languages and text manipulation tools
- Strong understanding of cryptography and commonly used protocols
- Experience working in financial technology, banking, or financial services preferred
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience working with continuous integration and continuous delivery CI/CD pipelines
- Administration and hardening of Linux and Windows systems
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, and Terraform
- Strong understanding of industry standards and frameworks (NIST, ISO, CIS, OWASP, PCI DSS)
- Good understanding of FFIEC, GDPR, GLBA, and HIPAA regulations
- Experience working with AWS and Azure solutions
- Experience in Security DevOps and Secure SDLC processes and tools, including threat analysis, code reviews
- Experience in Security Monitoring and Intrusion, Incident Response and Forensics
- Experience in the following domains:
- Cloud Security (KMS, encryption, VPC Access controls, network security, firewalls, IDS/DDOS)
- Identity & Access Management
- Static Source Code Analysis, Dynamic Security Scanning Tools
- System Hardening in private & public cloud
- Container Security & GKE Security
You’ll love Bottomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.