Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
What's your new role about?
Are you an experienced engineer with a passion for developing high quality performant code? Do you like to build cutting edge cloud based technology?
Ori - Defining the future of computing
We’re working with the world’s leading network providers to build the next generation of the cloud, one that offers new ways to deliver modern applications with unparalleled performance and instant scalability.
Our Ori Global Edge platform connects high performance software deployments, such as industrial IoT, gaming and critical infrastructure, with the lowest-latency compute from the world's best connected networks.
Ori is a deeptech, Series-A scaleup backed by leading investors, including Episode 1, Force Over Mass Capital, Addition and Telefonica.
We’re a pioneering team of engineers, architects and designers solving real-world problems to make scalable edge computing a reality. We’d love you to join us.
Here’s a breakdown of your role (not all of it, just the most important stuff)
- Understand Ori’s vision and lead the technical direction of the team
- Ensure software is designed and implemented for quality, robustness and scale, using appropriate automated testing
- Take ownership and responsibility of production-ready code
- Contribute to and ensure the completion of features to reach customers in a timely manner
- Build and maintain CI pipelines (we use GitHub Actions and Quay) allowing us to deploy continuously
To be successful in your new role, these are the essentials you’ll need
- Experience and understanding of production services in a Cloud-like environment
- Track record designing, building, shipping, and maintaining backend distributed systems
- Continued development experience: writing resilient code, tests and debugging issues
- Experience supporting software in production environments
- Strong grasp of core architectural and programming principles
- Expertise with Go or similar statically typed languages (Java, C/C++)
- Experience working with Kubernetes or similar systems (Swarm, Nomad) and orchestration of Docker containers
Putting our people first
- We believe that equality and inclusion create a more collaborative, more successful environment, where you can recognise and reach your potential.
- Your diverse life experiences, background and perspectives matter to us. We’re about culture-add, not culture-fit, and we’ll help you apply these qualities to extraordinary challenges.
- Whether you’re learning new technologies, making decisions with imperfect information, or developing new skills, we’ll be there to support you.
Here are the benefits you’ll get when you join us
- Option scheme, private health insurance, 4% employer pension contributions
- Work remotely from home or a local co-working space; meet up with colleagues throughout the year
- Paid maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Training and professional development, supported by an annual budget
- Generous, flexible holiday allowance
Find out more at: https://www.ori.co/