ES Tech, Manager, Business Systems Analysis
US, WA, Virtual Location - Washington
Posted 3 months ago
Amazon Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) is looking for a Manager to lead a team of Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) who help define and implement document management and case management capabilities for our customers. Our goal is to enable Human Resources to deliver a frustration free experience to Amazon’s global workforce. To help meet this goal, you will manage, hire, and develop a team of analysts with deep functional knowledge of the domain(s) and the application(s) they support. You will guide your team as they work with customers to understand pain points, gather and prioritize requirements, map requirements to system capabilities, and work with engineering teams to design and configure solutions that support the end user experience. You will drive best practices to create and maintain documentation of solution designs which includes the rationale and metrics behind decisions.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, manage a global team in different time zones, and prioritize your workload and that of your team effectively. You will be passionate about your work, self-motivated, and have excellent problem solving and written and verbal communication skills. You will work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines with short time constraints.
· Manage, hire, and develop a team of independent contributors and/or managers with a focus on functional design and analysis of document management and case management solutions
· Continually audit and improve team processes, establish Service Level Agreements, and establish guidelines and best practices to gather requirements, document user stories with acceptance criteria, and communicate with customers and engineering teams.
· Coach, promote, discuss performance, and provide feedback to team members to help them develop
· Define team goals, tenets, and vision
· Lead discussions of complex business problems with cross-functional groups from all levels including senior leadership, customers, architects, and developers
· Develop business requirements and user stories that can be used to create specifications and architecture designs for products your team supports
· Contribute to and/or author papers describing product or team vision, strategy, business case, etc., and present to leadership
· Recommend and drive improvements to the way projects are scoped, built, tested and deployed across the organization
· Participate in organizational design and team structure definition with leadership
** Open to considering talent in virtual locations in the USA as well. **
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 5+ years of experience managing teams
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Knowledge of Salesforce or OnBase applications
· MBA or Master’s degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.