VP, Product Management
Remote: United States
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
As part of the Product team at App Annie, I lead the core product team of App Annie Intelligence. I help to create a vision and execute on a multi-year journey to establish a strategy that drives profitable revenue and is leveraged and used by thousands of partners. I manage an existing product portfolio.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
This role will require strong leadership as well as a roll-up-your sleeves, meticulous hands-on mentality with a strong sense of urgency. Coupled with a strong eye for design/UX, s/he must be able to simultaneously manage multiple products in a global environment. This individual will work closely with App Annie’s international engineering teams as well as its global go-to-market organizations. The Vice President, Product seeks to have an intimate understanding of the value that App Annie’s products provide its customers, drives to improve that value every day and aligns that product experience with its premium brand.
- Direct the product intelligence org to translate that vision into an actionable strategy and roadmap, leading company product prioritization
- Lead, coach, and grow a team of talented Product Directors and Managers
- Articulating the vision and requirements with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Obtain deeper feedback from its clients, and drive clarity around what customers want and why (across a variety of segments)
- Enabling the company to scale in terms of delivering products to market. Work well with engineering teams based remotely in Beijing, Vancouver and Utrecht, Netherlands
- Utilising data science to provide advanced predictive and prescriptive capabilities and make the data come alive
- Drive and participate in build vs. buy decisions associated with acquisition opportunities
- Hire and build an exceptional and talented product team. Identify and mentor the next generation of App Annie leaders
- Ensure successful product launch and lifecycle, with success defined as achieving desired business outcomes measured by product KPIs, not just delivering features
- Drive constant product innovation while optimizing engineering and other resources, leveraging prototyping and experimentation
- Establish the organizational structure and build out the team/squad required to drive sustainable growth, including the technical know-how in emerging technologies such as analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.
- Work closely with research, design, and product marketing to create differentiated value for our users
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- 10+ years of experience in Product leadership OR equivalent experience leading Product for category-defining EnterpriseSaaS products, preferably both web-based and mobile.
- At least 5 years experience leading/managing product teams
- Domain expertise in areas such as mobile, analytics, data preferred..
- Experience creating and managing relevant high-growth digital products and teams and working through the changes that come with scaling
- Expert at product experimentation, A/B testing, and prototyping
- Experience building Product teams and processes from their early stages with expert level leadership and people management skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills and a deep understanding of how to leverage data science capabilities
- An active participant in Product Management and willingness to “get your hands dirty”
- Knowledge of the latest UI/UX design will be crucial. Built and designed elegant viral products that delighted end users
- Demonstrated working ability to partner with Sales and Engineering to bring customer needs and requirements into product
- Combination of large and small company experience is ideal but the proven ability to scale in an entrepreneurial, rapid growth environment is a must
- Global experience and proven ability to work with international remote teams is a must
- Strong executive presence; highly influential both externally with customers and partners as well as at the senior management level within App Annie
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial with ability to learn quickly and thrive under pressure in a fast paced and shifting environment.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the work you do. You just make it happen. Boom!
This is what we have to offer…
- We provide a $400 WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!