Product Scientist-Customer Experience
Qualtrics is on a mission to eliminate bad experiences. We help companies determine what experiences they want customers to have, understand the experiences they are actually delivering, and then activate their organization to close the gap. As competition increases and prices continue to decline, companies must differentiate themselves based on delivering the right experience to each of their individual customers. Nowhere is this more true than in retail, hospitality, entertainment, and other industries that rely on physical locations and direct human interaction for the delivery of their products and services. The combined pressure of commoditization and health-related restrictions has dramatically impacted traffic rates, store operations, and customer expectations.
Our clients need solutions to measure, understand, and improve their customer experience. Those solutions must be prescriptive, highly adaptable, and help organizations to take action to rapidly iterate on new ideas and methods to give customers the experiences they are looking for. Customers can no longer be separated into online and offline categories, as the purchase cycle often crosses the virtual boundary. Qualtrics is uniquely suited to provide these solutions to clients.
We are looking for an innovative Customer Experience leader, with deep background in the retail or hospitality industry, to help us design and develop solutions that enable our clients to address these challenges. The Product XM Scientist role resides within our Product Management organization, where you would work closely with a team of Product Managers, Marketing, technical product experts, and other Customer Experience professionals to solidify the future solutions we offer our clients.
The Product XM Scientist owns:
- Proactively drives strategy and innovation of new product solutions.
- Develops and maintains Solution Backlog with ranked and prioritized solution concepts.
- Works jointly with Product Management to create a Solution Roadmap that outlines product & content strategy and timeline.
- Responsible for the development and applicability of Solution Playbooks.
- Uses CX program methodology background to design solution content (questionnaires, non-survey feedback, dashboards, actioning) to build solutions
- Develops external playbooks focused on value creation, best practices, and maturity recommendations.
- Owns action plan for building customer stories and monitoring the execution of projects to drive solution adoption, usage, and success.
- Writes thought leadership articles for use in Product Marketing editorial calendar.
- Engages directly with customers to help position and deliver solutions and gather feedback for Solution Backlog
- Leads and executes on strategy for developing and deploying benchmarks
The Product XM Scientist also contributes to:
- Informs product roadmap based on best practices in resolving customer problems related to the product purpose.
- Works with Tech Consultants and Sales Engineers to program product content for demos and implementation.
- Works with Product Marketing to convert external playbooks to marketing collateral and editorial calendar.
- Partners with Sales Engineers to develop solution-oriented demo and script.
- Works with Product Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales to target customers for creation of success stories.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 7+ years of experience designing, building, and operating a Customer Experience (CX) practice at company(s) where a substantial portion of the customer experience occurs at physical store locations.
- Expertise in CX program strategy and design, customer journey mapping, culture activation, frontline activation and service training, online reputation management, and action planning.
- Track record of forward thinking, innovative improvements to in-person customer experiences, as well as the customer jump between online and physical interactions.
- Ability to demonstrate company actions taken by surfaced insights, leading to business and operational improvement.
- Strong understanding of good research methodology; survey design and data collection. Strong analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and ability to analyze and interpret data, and report insights to customers in a formal presentation.
- Strong and persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to work with ambiguity and conflicting priorities, make decisions, and communicate effectively with technical and executive audiences.
- Advanced (Master’s or PhD) degree in a research or business-centric field, preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% (you know, once this pandemic thing goes away).
- Personable and strongly demonstrates Qualtrics’ core values
A Day in the Life
The ideal candidate for this role has been innovating on customer experience solutions at companies with a strong physical location aspect to their business - retail, hospitality, entertainment, food service, etc. The candidate will have a great understanding of real problems faced by location-based businesses, and a well established pattern and methodology for understanding and improving customer experiences.
The essence of this role is to take highly complex problems, felt by a diverse group of customer stakeholders, and develop simple, easy-to-understand, value-oriented solutions that help our customers take action. You will provide the “practitioner’s view” to a product leadership team, which jointly takes responsibility for the building, adoption, and use of Qualtrics solutions. Your success will be highly dependent on your ability to influence the direction and design of solutions, and to communicate the rationale, approach, and value of the solutions. You must be a strong communicator through documents (playbooks, solution descriptions, etc.), presentations (executive, sales, customer-facing), articles (blogs), and public speaking (conferences, industry events).
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, this person will be inspired by the Qualtrics values, culture, and passion for making a difference in the world. They will be All In with our mission to eradicate the bad experiences of the world, and ready for a fast-paced, hectic, and highly rewarding ride.