Senior Customer Success Manager
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio we’re focused on developing and expanding our world-class, cloud-based customer engagement platform. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is a fast moving, lean company where every team member has a huge stake in the company’s success.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and who can assist our customers and making them successful is one of our most important tasks. Given that our customers pay us over time customer growth and retention is vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are continuously receiving value from Twilio.
You excel in a fast paced environment, working as a customer’s internal advocate to remove obstacles that may impede a customer’s experience with Twilio. You thrive on solving new, complex challenges that are unique to your customers and their businesses. You care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Customer Success Manager who has a successful track record of working with both technical and non-technical teams. We seek someone with:
- Proven track record of successfully developing and managing customer relationships, including C-level relationships within Twilio and the client organization
- Passion for customers and problem solving
- You are a people person that understands technology, with strong business acumen
- Clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills (web, phone and onsite), leverage data to build POV and present it to customer and/or internal stakeholders
- High technical aptitude
- Analytical and ability to interpret customer data and trends
- Experience using Twilio products is preferred.
- Experience working in Telecom or Cloud Communications is preferred
- 8+ years experience in a customer facing role of a highly technical product
- 5+ years experience in account management of strategic customers
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
Your primary responsibility is to ensure that our customers receive an outstanding customer experience. You will work with customers throughout the customer’s lifecycle to ensure the customer receives maximum value from our solution. You will work with our customers to build relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on our customers defined goals and objectives.
Daily activities and responsibilities:
- BE AN OWNER: Manage a portfolio (15 - 25 customers) of strategic/enterprise customers and execute on key objectives across the entire portfolio.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Develop strategic relationships with Twilio customers to deliver maximum value for the customer and Twilio. Ensure customers take full advantage of all features and services resulting in strong customer health and retention.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Understand the organizational structure of the customer company, identifying the areas that present a deep strategic partnership opportunity. Build and grow multiple relationships across a customer’s organization
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop success plans and business reviews for customers that outline critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and recommendations
- BE INCLUSIVE: Partner with members of Twilio’s Executive Leadership Team to build and maintain executive level relationships within the customers you support
- Closely monitor customer performance (deliverability, volume, cost) and proactively manage with the customer as needed
- NO SHENANIGANS: Work with Sales to Support/Customer Success
- DRAW THE OWL: Build greater advocacy and reference-ability of your customers
- BE BOLD: Communicate via phone and email to assist customers on product adoption and expansion tasks
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work with the rest of the Customer Success team implementing customer- focused initiatives designed to expand Twilio’s revenue footprint, add business value to the customer, create and communicate best practices, and evangelize product value
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers and enterprises with the technology to build modern, enjoyable communication experiences in their applications. The Customer Success Team is a strategic component in building our customer base and helping businesses improve how they interact with their customers.
The Customer Success Manager is the customer advocate and is focused on driving usage and adoption as well as customer satisfaction. You make sure that customers take full advantage of all features and services that Twilio has to offer. Customer Success Managers are often the first to identify growth and up-sell opportunities. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.