Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
To support the next generation of innovation and growth of these solutions, Bottomline is investing in building a central product and innovation platform (PaaS) called Bottomline IQ. The IQ platform will be where all of our future solution innovations will be built upon, and will provide a technology path for our existing product portfolios to evolve. Focused on API & Data centric first approach with a cloud native design, IQ will leverage modern technologies including Microservices, Container deployments and orchestration while focusing on automation and CI/CD pipeline delivery for cloud native solutions.
We have an opening for a dynamic and self-motivated Senior Site Reliability Engineer who can thrive in a fast-paced SaaS-based environment. The Sr. Site Reliability Engineer will be an important team member of our IQ platform.
This position is available at an open location within the US, East Coast preferred
How you’ll contribute:
- Leading the technical direction of Bottomline’s observability infrastructure, with a strong focus on scalability
- Helping to define the roadmap for Bottomline’s observability platforms
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Work closely with the Bottomline IQ Development and delivery teams to provide systems expertise
- Participate in after-hours, on-call rotation and project support
What will make you successful:
- 8+ years of previous DevOps, SRE, or Operations experience
- Experience administrating Linux and MS Windows servers at scale, comfortable on a Linux command line
- Proficiency in scripting (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Proficiency in configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or similar
- Understanding of fundamental security principles for applications and network traffic
- Independent troubleshooting skills with the ability to solve problems quickly
- Experience deploying applications with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with public cloud providers like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with managing and tuning ElasticSearch
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with developing in web frameworks like Django or Ruby on Rails
- BS in a Computer Science related field, or equivalent work experience
You’ll love Bottomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Keywords: SRE, Automation, AWS, API