Enterprise & Workspace Engineering Manager
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation. MURAL’s certified enterprise-class cloud-based infrastructure connects 40 percent of Fortune 100 global enterprises, drawing the support of leading investors from Radian Capital, Gradient Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst and others.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 100 people working remotely across six time zones around the world, including office hubs in Buenos Aires and Europe. We recently raised $23M in a Series A round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As an Engineer Manager you will grow our business by working closely with leadership to build and manage the engineering org for MURAL and help us expand globally.
In this role, you will:
- Work with other MURAL leaders to design and drive the plan for MURAL’s engineering vision
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Build, lead, and hire a high-caliber team of software engineers to solve company goals while remaining hands-on.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of the MURAL’s engineering management team
- Work with business stakeholders to design solutions for our business problems.
- Help to craft and iterate on our technology infrastructure to enable the growth and scale the business needs to succeed.
- Work closely with product management, analysts, architects, engineering leads, and business stakeholders to define requirements, guide product and architectural vision, lead key technical and design discussions, and prioritize delivery efforts.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 2+ years of hands-on engineering management experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Coding server-side applications
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience integrating with APIs that use REST, gRPC, SOAP and other technologies
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A genuine excitement to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- The ability to lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong problem-solving skills
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.