Software Engineer II, Backend
Remote | USA
As a Tanium Software Engineer II focused on Backend, you will build and maintain best-of-breed services that power products as part of a nimble development team. Tanium focuses on a customer engagement model and feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain Tanium's backend services alongside an agile development team
- In partnership with our frontend and endpoint teams you will design, develop and test new product ideas from the ground up while working with product management for feedback and input
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Computer Science or relevant degree preferred
- 2+ years industry experience
- Experience working with senior developers designing and building high-impact, high-performance, scalable, observable, and maintainable backend services and APIs
- Knowledge of at least one of Golang (preferred), Node.js, Python, Ruby, Rust, or Java
- Experience with HTTP API development including REST and/or GraphQL
- Experience developing on data processing pipelines for real time data
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with containers and microservices
- Experience with modern software engineering development and automation tools like git and CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrates sound judgment for balancing between rapid development, long-term code maintainability and supportability
- Believes in the power of and the need for writing automated tests as part of development
- Experience debugging when things go wrong
- Has knowledge of modern backend software frameworks and the versatility to learn new tools
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.