Team Lead, Enterprise Accounts (Texas)
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are seeking a proven, tactical and strategic Lead Enterprise Account Executive to lead a team of Account Executives who are tasked with generating new business within our existing accounts. You will lead, mentor, and scale a high performing team of full-cycle sales executives focussed on closing deals covering Enterprise companies within North America. As a sales leader, you will be managing and developing a team of AEs. You will participate and lead in client and prospect meetings as well as work cross-functionally with stakeholders and corporate resources as required. You will be responsible for ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new team members on sales process. In this role you will report on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management.
We are looking for a proven Lead Enterprise Account Executive who is looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market.
- Minimum of 7 years Enterprise Sales experience and SaaS/PaaS/CaaS solution selling experience within the Enterprise segment.
- Served as team role model and proven ability to overachieve on Twilio’s sales quota QoQ and drive 3x pipeline ensuring all sales metrics are met or exceeded; has effectively grown Twilio’s current existing customer revenue and penetrated net new customers where we have an initial use case.
- Supported your team by helping them build and progress pipeline, worked cross functionally (Finance, Marketing, Product) to execute complex deals, and led strategic prospect and customer meetings.
- Provided ongoing mentorship and development to the Enterprise AE sales team which includes training new AEs on sales processes while focusing on the team members' strengths, weaknesses and motivations.
- Conducting weekly 1:1s which include forecast results, sales activities, demand generation, and strategies to drive closure; subsequently take ownership of and report these sales results to senior sales management while attending all forecast calls.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves with Enterprise AEs to lead initiatives which drive customer awareness and engagement on difficult accounts; capable of successfully managing significant product escalations and providing thought leadership for improving coverage of gaps for the team.
- Assist with the hiring, on-boarding, and appropriate HR related tasks when necessary for the AE team.
As a Lead Enterprise Account Executive, you will:
- DRAW THE OWL: Support efforts to build and grow team’s pipeline with tools such as customer QBRs, Twilio’s Signal customer conference, Twilio Engage events, and partner/channel engagement; Progress deals by brainstorming on methods to move opportunities forward utilizing customer QBRs, executive sponsorship, on-sites with SMEs and tech-leads, and expert services involvement
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide customer support to the team through joining customer calls with new Enterprise AEs to assist with competitive and expansion scenarios; guide the team on how to best position products, and proposals; Ongoing enablement to the team by becoming the first point of contact for “how to” questions for SOPS, comp plan, and pricing
- BE AN OWNER: Be responsible for driving net new sales and revenue growth for Twilio's Enterprise portfolio. Your territory includes a region of Twilio’s existing accounts, with a named set of accounts. You will have responsibility for incremental revenue growth and retention, new use cases and software adoption, and cross sell Twilio’s new products; Establish a thorough understanding of your named account's business growth plans and develop, lead, and execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customer’s communication workflow and business outcomes.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Strengthen and expand Twilio’s relationships within these customer accounts, including up-leveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations (CIOs, CTOs, CFOs) while expanding visibility and on-site Twilio presence at your accounts to build relationships across the company (including regular engagement to provide product roadmap/innovation sessions, support, current issues, and current and future business opportunities).
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Responsible for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with customers, leverage cross functional teams (Twilio Sales Specialists, ISVs, Customer Success Managers (CSMs), Support, Product and Executive leadership) to build and execute account plans and strategies for each target account. These QBRs will include Twilio Sales and Executive management.
- DON'T SETTLE: Create a partnership with CSMs to proactively gather, analyze and leverage data on customer changes, industry trends and competitive dynamics to influence how these customers can use Twilio to drive maximum value for their businesses.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required, Masters preferred
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. #LI-POST