Senior Software Engineer, Endpoint
Remote | USA
As a Tanium Senior Software Engineer focused on Endpoint development, you will build and maintain best-of-breed services that power products as part of a nimble development team. Tanium focuses on a customer engagement model and feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning. When new product ideas are identified, our software engineers design, develop, test, and deploy the products and supporting services from the ground up, while iterating with product management and customers for feedback and input.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain Tanium's endpoint services alongside an agile development team
- In partnership with our frontend and backend teams you will design, develop and test new product ideas from the ground up while working with product management for feedback and input
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CS Degree preferred
- 3+ years industry experience, 5+ preferred
- Experience designing and building high-impact, high-performance, scalable, observable, and maintainable backend services and APIs
- Advanced knowledge of C, C++, Go or Rust (Systems Languages)
- Experience developing for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Experience with metrics driven development (Prometheus)
- Experience building data processing pipelines for real time data
- Experience with modern software engineering development and automation tools like git and CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrates sound judgment for balancing between rapid development, long-term code maintainability and supportability
- Believes in the power of and the need for writing automated tests as part of development
- Experienced debugger who can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong in production environments
- Has knowledge of a variety of modern backend software frameworks and the versatility to learn new tools
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.