Security Awareness Lead Engineer (Remote)
San Francisco, California, United States
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
This role will help build a culture of security throughout Brex and will be responsible for developing and delivering engaging security awareness initiatives to drive secure behaviors, using training, events and activities, and communications as tools. This individual will help position a culture of security to the company in a positive and effective manner, represent the security awareness program, and build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders across the company.
We value the perspective and experience diverse backgrounds bring to the team.
- Define security awareness program objectives, strategies, and tactics; maintain the program roadmap and strategy; refine and iterate strategies and tactics over time through metrics and feedback from constituents
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders throughout the company
- Develop a metrics based approach to identify successes and opportunities for improvement
- Integrate employee behaviors, motivations, and habits into Security initiatives
- Creates, refreshes, and delivers security awareness initiatives and content across a broad audience using multiple channels
- Develops both general and audience-specific training content in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Reviews and disseminates compelling communications to a variety of stakeholders to promote security initiatives
- An interest in engaging employees to implement security best practices
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration with other teams and business functions
- Experience in managing complex programs, projects, and/or events
- An understanding of security best practices
- The ability to translate technical concepts into accessible language
- Strong and effective communication ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner, apply active listening when working with others, and drive teams to resolutions during discussions.
- Experience driving initiatives across entire organizations and cross-functional teams while setting clear expectations, timelines, and direction.
- A proven track record of building cultures that encourage ambition and foster empathy. You will create and contribute to a healthy and collaborative culture that showcases Brex’s values.
- A passion for understanding human behavior, motivation, and habits and using that information to drive change
- Experience in marketing and/or communications (tell a story)
- Experience in developing training content, including identifying learning objectives