Senior Solutions Engineer, Generalist
Remote - US
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's Security & Solutions Engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer, Generalist to join our team. You’ll be part of a team building applications and services to support our medical team, with opportunities to touch a wide range of technology across the business. Securing our member data and exceeding industry compliance standards is a high priority, and we’re looking to add a cloud-centric generalist to our engineering team. You’ll work with teams across Clover Health to help ensure IT solutions meet the business requirements of requesting teams within Clover, meeting delivery quality, and scalability. We value moving fast, but we do so with a pragmatic approach that will allow us to sustain velocity over time.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, Generalist, you will:
- Ensure that developed hardware, software, network, IoT, or combination of these technology solutions meet the needs of the business unit requirements based on industry best practices.
- Develop and deliver options that include cost and resource estimates, timelines, and overall scope of projects and chosen solutions based on project requirements.
- Develop fully engineered designs that can be implemented in order to meet requirements for a project that incorporates all requisite functionality, availability, capacity, system, data security, integration, infrastructure, operations, and maintenance requirements.
- Partner with the product team requesting Solutions engagement to understand technical and business requirements, and propose viable solutions based on those requirements.
- Ensure HIPAA and SOX compliance requirements are consistently implemented and met in solutions designs that are being proposed.
- Drive an end-to-end solution development lifecycle to enable the business to better understand the scope of IT solutions and the business value and efficiencies.
- Support a service management culture across the business by investigating IT hardware, software, and service outages as-needed, serving as an escalation point for internal IT teams.
- Provide expert level support when needed by other teams within IT to solve complex problems or support designs implementations.
- Document processes, procedures, user manuals, and troubleshoot as new solutions are deployed.
- Work with and manage relationships with third-party vendors to set up Proof-of-concept implementations of potential solutions to prove-out options for tools required to meet requirements of the business.
You will love this job if:
- You enjoy a fast-paced, challenging environment and the ability to directly impact company goals and objectives via your contributions to securing the organization.
- You strive to promote security-centric approaches to all aspects of an organization.
- Your judgement and decision-making abilities allow you to apply technical skills more effectively.
- You enjoy partnering and communicating with a range of business professionals.
- You have the ability to work effectively across multiple teams and can organize priorities.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 5+ years of hands-on end-to-end solutions development experience across a wide range of hardware and software technologies and/or sourced services.
- You have experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- You have experience in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of major business applications and/or processes.
- You have advanced knowledge and skills across a wide variety of IT solutions for businesses.
Bonus points if:
- You have healthcare experience.
- You have experience in engineering solutions in HIPAA and SOX environments.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, network engineering, information systems, or a related field.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.