Software Engineer - Chromium
Open to Remote
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 8/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 250 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, Sutter Hill Ventures, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
Menlo Security is looking for talented engineers to join our US/UK Web Isolation team. You will be responsible for extending and supporting our world-class remote browser technology on desktop and mobile platforms, serving millions of users on Menlo’s worldwide cloud. Example work areas include Chromium internals, networking, video/audio, advanced HTML5 features, containerization, load balancing, scaling and cost-saving; all of it with a strong security focus. The Web Isolation team is highly experienced and collegial, with a strong design and code review culture. We encourage candidates with deep systems-level experience in non-browser technology areas to apply if you feel your skill set can be applied to new challenges. The blog posting https://www.menlosecurity.com/blog/the-mobile-isolation-era-begins gives an introduction to some of those challenges.
The ideal candidate already understands browsers at a deep level. You have (or will gain) rich experience in Chromium internals, networking, video/audio, and advanced HTML5 features such as WebGL and WebRTC.
Requirements for the role include:
- Excellent C++ skills.
- Strong networking fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of HTTP security is highly desirable
- Experience implementing and maintaining features in Chromium or other browser platforms at various layers, including content, browser, core, compositor, skia and networking
- Systems-level Linux experience
- Good to have: Tornado, haproxy, AWS EC2, WebGL, WebRTC, font rendering, input experience including IME and contenteditable
- Ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, ambitious, and strong ability to learn new things
- Highly organized and detailed with critical attention to detail and documentation
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or related field.
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.