Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
The DevOps team undertakes full responsibility for developing a broad portfolio of highly available, automated, scalable, reliable, and secure systems allowing to improve velocity, quality, performance, and security of how Unite Us develops, delivers, iterates, recovers, and maintains production systems.
Unite Us is seeking a self-driven, Junior to Mid level Software Engineer - DevOps. You will contribute to the design and development of our DevOps processes for the organization. As a Software Engineer - DevOps, you will contribute to software automation responsible for the implementation of automation-as-a-code across a wide and diverse range of operations including but not limited to solution deployment and update, cluster scale-up, and scale-out, post-disaster recovery, and others.
What You'll Do:
- Convert the deployment jobs configured in Spinnaker, CodeShip, Github actions, etc, into Jenkins CICD Pipelines
- Help the engineering teams in creating fully automated deployment pipelines for AWS EKS. AWS EKS experience highly preferred
- Anticipates future use cases and makes design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes
- Proactively recommends and pushes forward opportunities to simplify the product and technical design and discusses with the team
- Comfortable collaborating with team members outside of direct team to improve organizational practices and processes
- Comfortable with Terraform, Jenkins, Jira
- Demonstrated ability to use infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Suggest ideas on how to improve existing processes to make them more efficient and automated
- Contributes heavily to automate managing cloud infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps engineering, creating and automating CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and GitHub in lines with DevOps principles and industry best practices
- Proven track record supporting the implementation of DevOps principles and tools within an organization
- Expertise in modern tooling (e.g. JIRA, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Github Actions, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Expertise in modern cloud-based infrastructure
- Familiarity in development and scripting languages; a strong preference for Ruby
- Expertise in troubleshooting and system administration tasks in AWS Cloud environment
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Passion for high quality.
- AWS Solution Architect Certification
- Experience in supporting diverse data stores (e.g. PostgreSQL, Neo4j, Elasticsearch, S3, Redshift, etc)
- Experience in security fundamentals
- Experience in networking, coordination, and service discovery
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is Remote (US Based)
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.