Compliance Manager, Insurance
Welcome to Jetty - a new financial services company giving renters easier and more affordable access to rental homes, while helping property managers drive occupancy, reduce costs, and streamline operations. Our goal is to build solutions that make it easy for renters to access homes they love and protect the things they care about the most.
We are seeking a talented Compliance Manager to join our Risk & Compliance team and build our Insurance compliance function. The Compliance Manager will be the lead on all Insurance compliance initiatives including new product development, approving all Marketing and Sales collateral, and ensuring we adhere to pertinent laws and regulations across all functions. You will work closely with Underwriting, Claims, Product and Engineering, Service Operations, Marketing, and Sales teams. This position will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a comprehensive insurance compliance program to ensure Jetty adheres to our internal policies, as well as implementing new policies to include new or revised regulatory requirements. You will also work closely with our Lending Compliance manager to ensure that our policies, processes, and monitoring programs are consistent across both of our industry verticals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and lead Jetty’s first formal Insurance compliance program, bringing strong expertise across the Insurance product lifecycle
- Identify and execute compliance controls across all Insurance operational areas, including product development, product filings, policy administration, policy servicing, claims, and recovery (including subrogation)
- Collaborate with Risk and Operations teams to find creative ways to build new products and features while maintaining compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations
- Partner with Engineering, Product, Sales, and Marketing teams to ensure that products and external communications meet regulatory requirements
- Liaise with external financial and real estate partners to oversee due diligence and auditing needs
- Develop and organize regulation-based training and targeted role-based training covering the laws, regulations, and policy requirements related to Insurance operations
- Manage all required compliance reporting
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years of compliance and/or risk management experience
- Strong background across the full Insurance product lifecycle (Property & Casualty experience strongly preferred)
- Experience in a high growth, fintech environment is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate with stakeholders across the organization
- Must have demonstrated experience reviewing marketing and advertisement copy
- Experience working with Departments of Insurance a plus
- Experience working with claims function a plus
Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and effortless for everyone. Founded in 2015, and inspired by real renter experiences, Jetty now has a nationwide footprint of renters and real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty's products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy and protection.
Jetty has raised $43.5M from Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, and Valar, and has growing teams working remotely around the country. Learn more about us: www.jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break, and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, monthly childcare, and monthly phone/internet bill