Sr. Alliance Marketing Manager
Mountain View, CA (open to remote)
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Manager, Alliance Marketing with proven expertise in developing, driving and executing the marketing strategy with Strategic Alliance Partners.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop, drive and execute joint marketing strategy and go-to-market planning.
- Build and grow marketing relationships with a focused set of strategic alliance partners.
- Drive internal and external communication to create thought leadership and impact the awareness of our Alliances solutions in the market, with our partners, within our Alliance Partners and Pure Storage
- Jointly drive our joint solutions with Alliances and channel partners to deliver industry leading growth, marketing-enable alliance business goals and influence revenue.
- Develop globally consistent and locally relevant Alliance marketing programs, campaigns, value props and relevant content.
- Ensure the value of Pure’s solutions and offerings are at the forefront of our partners’
marketing to drive increased usage of Pure’s portfolio.
- Work closely and align with key groups including Field Marketing globally, Integrated Marketing, Product Marketing to integrate messaging of our joint offerings.
- Work with our global events team to provide strategic guidance to meet event objectives
when participating in global events.
- Measure marketing program success and report on program metrics.
- Execute on existing plans, ensuring v-team members are engaged and pushing projects
through to timely completion.
- Collaborate with senior leaders within our partners to pursue potential opportunities that
meet both companies' objectives.
- Lead the planning and execution of PR and joint marketing activities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 7+ years in high tech marketing, global experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of and proven track record of 'needle moving' activities with global technology alliances, cloud service providers, solution resellers and influencers, channel partners, management consulting and professional services organizations, and global systems integrators
- Co-marketing/Alliance Partner marketing experience
- Able to drive meaningful alliance engagement to drive 'as a service' and/or consumption based solution offerings
- Positive relationship building and influencing skills
- Broad experience across various marketing disciplines: PR, digital, paid media, events
- Strong digital, social and content marketing experience
- Experience in driving programs and projects across cross functional teams and across
- Ability to measure the effectiveness and ROI of marketing activities, strong project
- Ability to continually innovate, think strategically and orchestrate many moving parts
- Travel required
- Undergraduate degree required
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.