Sr Manager, Sales Strategy & Finance
We are seeking a Senior Manager to lead our Business Insights & Analytics team within the broader Field Strategy, Operations, and Enablement organization. This team is responsible for designing, executing, and maintaining relevant metrics for all field operations including Sales, Solutions Architects, Customer Success, Ecosystem partners, and Sales Development. Additionally, this leader will be responsible for providing critical business performance insights to our senior executives as well as working cross-functionally to develop key elements of data governance.
This individual thrives in navigating ambiguity, adapts quickly to a changing environment, takes a global and regional view, has a strong understanding of SaaS business metrics, and is data-driven while having a passion for optimizing process and structure. We’re seeking an individual who has strong leadership skills, sharp analytical and process skills, is comfortable engaging with senior leadership, and is effective at building positive relationships with business partners.What you will be doing:
- Collect and document important metric and data requirements, working cross-functionally with IT, senior leadership, and field leadership to drive alignment
- Establish and maintain data governance, in partnership with the field, product, marketing, and IT
- Developing talent to scale the team to support the future growth of Elastic
- Express data and analytics vision at an executive level
- Create & maintain consistent business metric definitions for executive and field leadership
- Lead team to deliver relevant metrics, dashboards, reports based on prioritized requirements using SQL queries in Google BigQuery
- Create effective dashboards and data visualization using Tableau. (Kibana expertise is nice to have)
- Analyze, identify and prioritize trends, challenges, and needs across Elastic’s customer landscape
- Analyze competitor strategies, capabilities, recent wins, and relationships
- Deliver relevant analysis on an industry, competitor, and customer insights for SLT and Board-level meetings
- Conduct project-based and ad-hoc analyses based on field priorities
- Proven people leadership skills and capability to build robust analytics teams
- Excellent executive presence with proven ability to build digestible messaging & executive communications that drive clear decisions
- Highly collaborative style with strong influence skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively gather and prioritize requirements based on business needs
- Model data and lead QA/peer reviews
- Visualize the data, cleanly and effectively
- Effectively connect analytical insights to the business objectives
- Think creatively coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working experience in leading enterprise-wide data, sales operations, and B2B SaaS company
- Consistent track record with 10+ years of experience with following tools/programs: languages (e.g., SQL, Python), visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Kibana, Power BI), ETL tools (e.g., Alteryx)
- Our ideal candidate also value opportunities to make a high impact on the success of the company as a whole and understand the keys to success in a highly visible multi-functional role.
- This individual is curious and data-driven: asking questions and seeking answers is part of who you are, and using your creative skills to craft statistical models that help guide and advise an organization excites and motivates you.
- You value collaboration and have the ability to work with multiple constituents across the company
- Preferred: Knowledge of the Elastic stack, particularly Kibana
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave