Email Content Manager
Remote - US
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
About the Role:
Leveraging a team of writers, you'll be responsible for planning and creating compelling sales email content that will be used by hundreds of B2B sales reps to communicate our value proposition, generate sales meetings, and ultimately scale our revenue and your success. Reporting to the Head of Pipeline Strategy, a former B2B Email Marketing Director, you'll be responsible for building and scaling a content creation machine and for bringing our sales email communications platform (Salesloft) to full potential!
This role is very similar to that of an email content marketing manager who is developing, executing, measuring, and optimizing email content communications with B2B prospects. The key difference is that this role resides in Sales Operations and leverages slightly different email relationship platform than you would find in a marketing department. However the skills sets you will bring to this role are the same. Your focus will be directed at working with sales and marketing to develop content categories, managing freelance writers to develop and deliver the email content, and then ultimately working with sales reps to execute and optimize the email content.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to build and manage a program from the ground up, apply creativity, and be recognized and valued for your work. Our environment is entrepreneurial and supportive and you you will learn from experienced leaders and have the opportunity to access and use the best software i.e. Salesforce, Salesloft, Sendoso, Marketo, LeanData, Tableau, Snowflake.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the development of a scalable process for content creation with both internal and external subject-matter experts. Work with cross-functional teams including sales and product marketing to test and optimize content campaigns.
- Lead global sales teams to plan and develop email content used for sales prospecting activities and pipeline development. Deliver the email content programs and insights the sales teams need to be successful.
- Develop and maintain our sales email content planning process and calendar so we can execute on strategy in a highly scalable, repeatable way
- Seek opportunities to improve and evolve content and campaigns, edit, and proofread material as needed, and measure and track how content contributes to pipeline and sales revenue.
- Partner with Product Marketing teams to lead the incorporation of product capabilities and updates into external-facing sales email content
- Summarize and provide regular updates on email sequence performance ( and A/B testing where appropriate) to Sales Leadership and all stakeholders
- Lead working groups for brainstorming and developing creative campaign ideas, then summarize the direction in project briefs for freelance writers to use in developing the email content. Manage content approval process, transition into the email platform, and communicate new email content availability to sales teams.
- Accountable for email content sequences being refreshed & retired as recommended.
- Hire, manage, scale, and rotate a team of freelance writers, full time KeepTruckin writers, and content vendor relationships.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in demand generation, sales operations, publishing or content marketing, ideally in a high growth B2B SaaS business.
- Direct sales experience writing your own sales emails or experience working with freelancers and vendors to develop written content
- Demonstrated understanding of how sales and marketing content align across the buyer’s journey
- Demonstrated success sourcing sales opportunities or marketing leads through email marketing
- Have familiarity with sales content and email prospecting best practices
- A proven track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses and influencing results.
- Impeccable organization and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with many stakeholders
- A high sense of urgency and organization while juggling multiple projects
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.