Manager, Sales Engineering Majors
Remote, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Our Majors Sales Engineering organization is seeking a Manager of Sales Engineering for our MAJORS team to lead a highly skilled team of SLED Sales Engineers. In addition to managing a team you will work directly with our sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our SLED customers, strategize on how to navigate sales cycles, provide value-based demonstrations, support POCs and close business.
Reporting to the west coat Director of Sales Engineering you will play a hands on role of building a team of Majors sales engineers and owning the P&L responsibilities for the group.
In this role you will get to:
- Build and lead a team of Majors sales engineers who serve as our core product introduction, evaluation and education experts
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve regional quota targets, our goals and ensure relationships are built
- Provide guidance to revenue leaders on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps and represent the team’s needs to executive staff
- Interpret complex problems, create simple solutions and collaborate closely with prospects, channel partners and our sales team to deliver winning solutions
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with product, engineering, sales, marketing and services
- Play an active role in sourcing and screening potential candidates and managing the interview process
- Act as a player/coach working with your team on and delivering compelling presentations to customers and prospects
On day one we will expect you to have:
- 10+ years of industry experience in a pre-sales capacity with 4+ years of direct line management experience (hiring, training and retaining top talent)
- Industry expertise within Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and/or Cloud Computing
- Strong hands-on technical skills within Databases, Data Warehousing, ETL and Analytics
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Snowflake’s solutions
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
About Our Team:
Our Sales Engineers are customer obsessed and we believe in the value we can add and stay honest about it. We love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback and are passionate about making our clients successful.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?