Remote - US
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clover is responsible for ensuring that Clover can rapidly identify, vet, and implement new programs with a wide range of external partners in order to help Clover expand its capabilities and augment the programs we develop internally. This role also plays a critical cross-functional role managing existing vendor relationships, as well as internal processes designed to help Clover engage in thoughtful partnerships with clear objectives. We're constantly on the lookout for new opportunities to better care for our members and move our business forward, and we make sure we put in the time to pursue promising opportunities and eliminate the noise.
We're looking for a Development Associate to join our team and take on responsibility for sourcing, planning, coordinating, and tracking a wide range of new programs with partners. You will deconstruct issues and challenges, conduct targeted research and analysis, and deliver logical recommendations. You will also help to identify considerations for implementations, and to transition prospective projects into full scale execution by business owners. You will be responsible for helping us rapidly launch several initial, proof of concept programs to serve our members while also developing and maintaining processes that help Clover achieve its goals.
Through this work, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with fellow Cloverites across the company, and to communicate and report back to leadership on upcoming deals, business impact, and pilot results.
As a Development Associate, you will:
- Review and manage existing vendor contracts in order to ensure relationships are structured to Clover’s best interests.
- Partner with leaders across the company to identify pain points and needs that can be addressed via strategic partners.
- Design and implement pilots in partnership with business owners to quickly evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits
- Act as the liaison between external partners and internal stakeholders across several Clover teams.
- Lead aspects of deal execution from: identifying opportunities, meeting with partners, business case development, to supporting deal structuring, negotiating contracts, and closing.
- Support process and system for tracking vendors and associated decision-making from initial conversions to full operational partnership.
- Maintain a view on broader health ecosystem and trends to track how Clover may benefit from new technologies and services; initiate external conversations where relevant.
- Help quantify the business impact of partnership decisions and effectively communicate that value to other stakeholders across Clover.
- Help expand the scope and capabilities to establish this role as a capable and trusted partner across all Clover teams.
- Inform Clover’s point of view on how external trends and policy changes impact Clover’s operations and trajectory.
- Collaborate with Clover’s Strategic Finance team to identify, size, and analyze potential opportunities and partnerships
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about transforming health delivery through data driven analysis and development of new technologies.
- You have a bias to action and love to move quickly from ideas to execution.
- You crave variety and feel energized by considering multiple different projects at once.
- You use analytical input to solve complex problems.
You should get in touch if:
- You have prior experience in business development, health care program operations and/or project management.
- You have experience working across a wide range of stakeholder groups, both internal and external.
- You're able to balance big picture, strategic thinking with an attention to the details that may determine whether a project succeeds or fails. You innately see the connections between things and can understand how a decision made today might affect a project several months down the line.
- You can quickly gain a broad understanding of disparate parts of the healthcare system through independent research and knowing which questions to ask.
- You have experience or a desire to learn SQL based reporting and enjoy analyzing and summarizing data to identify actionable insights.
- You have experience in operations, implementation, and performance improvement. Lean/Six Sigma experience strongly preferred.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.