Remote - Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Who we are:
Pixel Union is known for their premium themes and apps available through the Shopify marketplace. In the last four years, Pixel Union has established itself as one of the top Shopify Plus Agencies, helping D2C, B2B, and B2C brands meet their digital growth goals.
Pixel Union is made up of 90+ talented humans across North America, and the Agency is a team of 30+, with headquarters in Victoria, BC.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced back-end developer to join our growing Agency team, providing custom services for a diverse array of clients and working across many platforms, disciplines, and approaches. If you’re excited about object-oriented and functional programming, we’d love to hear from you!
Our developers are responsible for delivering custom apps and system integrations with Shopify. Our back-end developers work with Ruby, Node.js, Elixir, encouraging consistent and readable code. We look for developers who enjoy peer-review and who can clearly explain their technical choices.
As a Pixel Union Back End Developer, you’ll...
- Support in the architecture, development, and delivery of custom software solutions that meet business requirements for ecommerce merchants
- Contribute tested, maintainable code to shared libraries
- Create tools and processes to help in the day-to-day aspects of development
- Work with Shopify, supporting data migrations to the platform primarily via Shopify’s API
- Work on integrating solutions across the following type of systems: POS, ERP, 3PL, WMS, Shipping, Carrier, CRM, Order & Inventory Management, Order Scheduling, Payment Gateway, Recurring Billing, and Omni-Channel.
- Collaborate with, or mentor other team members to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients while growing professionally.
You’ll bring the following skills and experience...
- Doing back-end development and a desire to build robust, scalable system integrations and solve technical challenges with the delivery of these services
- Doing front-end HTML and CSS
- Building or interacting with GraphQL, REST, or SOAP API's
- With modern, distributed cloud-based service development and deployment pipelines
- Focusing on growing their communication skills to build positive and productive working relationships with other agency team members (both technical and non-technical)
- Taking ownership of their work to deliver it on schedule and raise blockers proactively when timelines may slip
Please include a cover letter with your application – we’d love to better understand your background and experiences. We value diverse perspectives and believe that skills are transferable!
We are a company built on creativity, teamwork, and employee well-being. We trust our team members and encourage them to design their work schedules so that they can get the most out of their day. We value challenging ourselves and others to ask questions that uncover better solutions for the future, and we get joy from being around fun, communication-focused folks who want to make a difference at their work!
Some of our perks include:
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Providing company hardware and software
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Company-sponsored wellness allowance
- Generous vacation policy
We bring passion and energy to our work and believe that career should be rewarding, interesting, and come at a sustainable pace. Our team members can be found across Canada, the U.S. and the UK, and are well-adapted to working from home and the remote lifestyle. As long as you have a strong internet connection, you’ll be all set to join this dynamic team!
Please note that we will be filling this position within Canada. We look forward to hearing from you!