Executive Assistant (Internal Role)
Remote - United States
ConvertKit is delightful email marketing software built for creators. We help creators own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
ConvertKit is on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and are growing rapidly. We are proud to have built a healthy culture of caring, driven, and fun team members. If you thrive off connecting with people, managing compliance, care about creating an incredible culture, and have seen rapid growth, this might be the role for you!
We’re looking for an executive assistant to support our Director of Operations and COO. The ideal candidate will have significant experience as an executive assistant for companies that are moving quickly OR experience in comparable roles. You thrive with complete autonomy and are particularly good at building systems, managing moving schedules, and building strong relationships. You’re highly empathetic, able to understand the needs of others and proactively meet those needs without being asked. You get satisfaction from managing projects that maintain business requirements and mitigate risk. And you do all of this while helping us build healthy culture for our incredible team.
The Role (Internal to ConvertKit)
The is an internal posting. We will only consider current ConvertKit team members and contractors.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for supporting ConvertKit’s team, culture, and the systems that keep ConvertKit running. The right person for this role will collaborate with both the COO and Director of Operations on a variety of projects; manage and streamline current and future systems; help us maintain compliance; and provide support with communication, scheduling, reporting, and more.
This right person for this role is a team player, efficiency enabler, and relationship builder. You don’t mind managing a variety of schedules, tasks, and projects all in the same day.
The right person will
- Understand the COO & Director of Operations’ top priorities and help manage schedule and daily workflows to optimize for those priorities
- Book travel, including proactive research and planning for meetings with customers, colleagues, and other strategic connections for our leaders
- Optimize schedules to create more focused work time
- Track expenses
- Manage multiple email inboxes
- Compile and present reporting on different research projects
- Assist with board prep and review
- Assist with internal scheduling and coordination for the team for important events like Craft + Commerce and board meetings
Specific to the COO
- Prepare COO for all meetings, including researching external attendees, setting agendas, and sending recap notes
- Manage and maintain COO’s personal and professional network
- Research sales prospects and suggest sales trips to host dinners, have individual meetings, and pitch important potential customers
- Research peer-level COOs and schedule annual retreats to learn from them and build a network
- Set reminders and help send notes/gifts on birthdays, special occasions to build and maintain COO’s network
- Schedule and invite guest for dinner parties in Portland to expand local network of potential customers, fellow entrepreneurs, and other interesting people across town
- Create and maintain research database of notes from academic research, books, and articles to be used in writing projects and public speaking engagements
- Assist in producing content, including researching podcast guests; scheduling content; managing content editors
- Optimize personal appointments
Specific to the Director of Operations
- Learn the intricacies of operations at ConvertKit including GDPR, finance, people ops so you have context and can help streamline projects, communication, and/or support for those projects
- Communicate with technical professionals, contractors, and internal stakeholders on behalf of the Ops team or the Director of Operations
- Document and streamline different ops systems to equip others and assist with future training
- Become a trusted partner to stakeholders across the company
- Schedule and send team gifts
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate will have a combination of the following:
- 3-5 years as an executive assistant or equivalent experience in operations (People Operations, HR, Finance, etc.)
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission
- Excellent computer and research skills (Mac preferred)
- Comfort with data, metrics, and creating reports
- Have experience with scheduling, organization, time management, and travel logistics
- Thoughtful, direct, and kind communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong project management skills - you’re not afraid of tight deadlines, you keep your work organized and outcome-focused, and you’re a pro with time management
- Comfort handling confidential and highly sensitive information with discretion
- Most importantly, strong organizational and writing skills, since most communication is written
- A calm, professional, and approachable demeanor when handling sensitive issues or tricky changes in priority
- Comfort making adjustments and changes on the fly with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Strong social and emotional intelligence - you enjoy cultivating relationships with all types of people
- Adaptable and flexible - you’re comfortable handling miscellaneous projects and duties as needed
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level level 3 ($92,500). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year on the team
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking 5 consecutive days of vacation, fully unplugged from work
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to 6 weeks paid bereavement leave, medical leave and natural disaster leave after 6 months of employment, 2 weeks of each paid leave in your first 6 months
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 10 weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 4% match
- Individual learning & development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How to Apply
This role will close on April 5, 2021. We’ll review all applications within two weeks of the close date for the role. Don’t worry, you’ll hear from us either way. Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- A technical interview to discuss your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed through every step.
To get started, complete this application, including a cover letter, and answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your cover letter and responses help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms, and we hire the best person we can for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for. If you think you meet more than 50% of our requirements but fewer than 100% of them, please apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply.