Principal Product Manager, Invitae Cloud
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The mission for our Cloud Platform team is to create the systems upon which the rest of Invitae is built. We provide self-service tooling, automation, and application deployment pipelines to support Invitae’s efforts to expand genetic services. We address horizontal requirements like security, compliance, and regulatory obligations at the platform level, letting other engineering teams focus on delivering quality products to our customers quickly.
The genetic testing space is moving and expanding quickly. In support of the Invitae mission, our engineering team needs to continue to move faster and with a greater focus on efficiency. We are looking for a product leader who can guide us through this transformation. Your experience, passion, and leadership skills will lay the foundation for Invitae’s continued success.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with a technical lead and business lead to drive strategic direction for the entire Cloud Platform.
- Build and deliver the Cloud Platform’s tactical roadmap by combining your deep technical expertise, strategic thinking and leadership.
- Gather requirements from stakeholder teams and translate into best-in-class developer experiences.
- Represent the customer (Invitae developers) in product and feature design and implementation.
- Analyze data from multiple sources and help the team make the right trade-offs between capability, cost, engineering complexity and other factors.
- Partner with a technical lead to define API specifications and other service integration points.
- Maintain the team’s focus on a shared vision
What you bring:
- A demonstrated ability to bring large, complex, platform products from inception to production.
- A passion for taking bold risks and delivering transformative technologies to existing business practices.
- Experience leading multi-team projects with a large number of developers as a lone product manager.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing, negotiating, and collaborating across multiple Sr. Leadership teams in a large organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex data and information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including executives and technical/non-technical leaders.
- Working knowledge of full software development life cycle and modern programming languages.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.