Senior Software Engineer-Ruby on Rails
Remote / Homebased
CarePort Health, powered by WellSky, improves post-acute outcomes by providing solutions to guide patients to high-quality providers upon discharge and to track patients – and results – in real-time across the continuum. We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with experience building consumer web-based applications using modern programming languages, frameworks, and tools. The full stack engineer is a key member of the team who not only contributes great technical solutions that directly impact the business, but who generates creative ideas to improve our products and services. The ideal candidate will take ownership of their work and is comfortable both making decisions and building consensus.
A day in the life?
You will be responsible for:
- Develop compelling features using state-of-the art tools and technologies with a focus on building great user experiences
- Engage in the full product lifecycle as part of a cross-functional, agile team to gain deep understanding of the problems we need to solve and apply that knowledge to building solutions
- Craft highly scalable, robust, and maintainable services and APIs using best practices, including test-driven and behavior-driven development
- Stay at the cutting edge of software development by learning and sharing new technologies and techniques with the team
Do you have what it takes?
- 4yrs plus Experience with Ruby on Rails or comparable web application frameworks
- Experience with PostgreSQL or comparable relational database systems
- Expertise in building modern, responsive user interfaces in HTML and CSS
- Demonstrable conceptual, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Do you stand above the rest?
- Knowledge of functional programming languages, such as Elm, Haskell, Scheme, Clojure
- Proficiency in building data visualizations
- Competitive Salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Convenient office location just one block from Boston’s South Station
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.