Program Director - Design Leadership Forum
InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Are you passionate about design and leadership? Are you a natural connector and big-picture thinker? Are you organized and well versed in managing a portfolio of multiple programs? If you answered yes to these three questions, consider working with us to empower and educate design leaders around the world.
Our team is in search of a Program Director, Design Leadership Forum to help uplevel products and programs InVision creates for the design leadership community. In this role, your mission is to create and optimize programs to help design leaders grow faster, together. Your primary focus will be to mature and evolve the InVision Design Leadership Forum (DLF). Here, you run a business unit dedicated to the DLF, which is a private global community of 3200 design leaders. Your job will be to deliver them value through programming, namely, events and content.to help us change the way digital products are designed.
This is the job for business-oriented, creative, collaborative, and community-based professionals in the design space. The ideal candidate is excited about the opportunity to help design leaders at top companies grow and mature themselves and their teams.
About the Team:
You’ll work closely with InVision workgroups, including: Design Transformation, marketing, customer success, and specific teams such as events, design, and ABM. One of the coolest parts of this role is that the future of it is a bit self-made. The DLF reports to the Design Transformation department at InVision, Design Transformation is a department delivering high-value programs, products, and content to the global design audience. You get to play a key role in the future of both the DLF and the Design Transformation department, helping to determine, prioritize, build, and manage new offerings.
What you’ll do:
- 65% - Spearhead end-to-end DLF community and content strategy/execution. Manage, mature, and maintain the business health of the DLF and its programs.
- 15% - Oversee team to execute on operational and program management excellence
- 10% - Support various projects on the Design Transformation team
- 5% - Explore new programs that’ll add value to the design leadership community.
- 5% - Further develop a functional, reliable, and compelling customer journey for design leaders looking to professionally elevate.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience within the following areas: project management, marketing, event production and management, product management, strategy, vendor management, community management, design, partnerships, consulting, cross-functional team work
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing programs within a business unit
- Minimum 1 year of experience with design leadership and/or education
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing an online community
- Proficient speaker and writer, indexing strong toward content strategy and storytelling
- Proven ability to own and design beautiful customer journeys
- Willingness to travel (up to 30%) *This role will likely require semi-regular travel after the pandemic is over.
- BA/BS preferred
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.