Head of Design - ALWAYS REMOTE
Remote - Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Quimbee has a massive library of content designed to help law students and attorneys succeed, every step of the way. Not only do we help law students succeed in law school and on the bar exam, but Quimbee is also equally committed to building a premier collection of courses designed to satisfy attorneys' MCLE requirements. Quimbee can be accessed on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. We are now seeking a visionary design leader with extensive UI/UX experience and a track record of building successful products.
This position is 100% remote. All you need is an internet connection and a quiet place to work.
This role is ideal for a unique individual with the ability to unite design across all functions while simultaneously leading a high performing team that continuously surpasses the expectations of our current and future users. We are seeking a visionary designer with extensive UI/UX experience and a track record of building successful products while leading a talented team of designers. You will mentor, develop, and coach your team while championing the consumer.
- Inspire, coach, and mentor a diverse design team which includes visual, graphics, instructional, and UI/UX designers
- Provide clarity and focus for the team, while identifying and unblocking barriers to success
- Create a world-class user experience design, shape product and brand roadmaps, influence product and brand strategy
- Own the design roadmap and process, working closely with stakeholders across the organization
- Create holistic UX/UI design strategies rooted in best practices
- Bring strong creative thought leadership to imagine, develop, and drive programs and/or initiatives that elevate the user experience
- Champion the consumer. You will drive visual and UX design, content strategy and user research across the company in pursuit of consistent and high quality experiences.
- BFA or MFA from a top design program
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI design
- 3+ years of experience managing high-performing and creative staff while simultaneously serving as an individual contributor with respect to the finer elements of design
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Design leadership experience across the entire product lifecycle managing multiple concurrent projects and budgets
- User insight and a passion for making peoples' lives better through great product experiences and campaigns
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly explain design decisions.
Major Plus If You Have
- History of working for a SaaS company
- Past / present startup experience
- Major bonus if you’ve worked for an online education / eLearning company
- Experience as a remote worker.
- 100% remote. That's one of the biggies. No more commute!
- Profit share. We set aside a percentage of profits each year and then pay them out equally across the entire team.
- Group health insurance coverage.
- 401k matching up to 4% (100% matching up to 3% and 50% between 3% and 5%).
- Unlimited paid time off. Our philosophy is that if you feel you need time off (for example, because of overwork, sickness, personal matters, etc.), we're not going to question that. We just ask that you don't abuse it and that you give us at least two weeks' notice if you plan to be away.