Remote - United States
Location(s): Remote, USA (must reside in U.S.)
If you are an Amazing DevOps Engineer who believes operations and development and related engineering activities are tightly linked then keep reading!
In addition to the standards (salary, bonus, equity), HireVue offers:
- Felxible PTO + medical + dental + vision
- Culture of collaboration + weekly team presentations + hackweeks and team events (virtually when in a pandemic)
We believe much of operations can be automated and tested like any other kind of code. We do this using SaltStack and Terraform currently. Speaking of code our current stack is Backend: Python, Django, Celery, WebRTC, RMQ; Frontend: React, HTML (JSX), CSS (in JS), GraphQL; Storage: PostgreSQL, S3, Elasticsearch. Most of our infrastructure is on AWS so it is a huge plus if you know and love AWS. We want someone who will focus on day to day operations while you learn to automate and build bigger solutions while being focused on ensuring our product and internal tools are running at the level we and our customers expect.
What you’ll be doing:
You'll be working with a team of skilled DevOps and Infrastructure Engineers who are building, securing, and maintaining the operational infrastructure for HireVue. You will execute and improve the infrastructure deployment process. You will be responsible for having high-quality and highly-secure operational practices so our application can be safe, scale, and run all the time, like magic. You will also be part of an on-call rotation to ensure the availability of applications and the services they rely on.
What ‘Skills’ do you need:
You’ve got ‘skills’ and you know it. Salt, Linux, Python (or other language), Terraform, software deployment skills, Database skills (relational and non-relational – i.e. PostgreSQL and DynamoDB), video streaming skills, amazing skills. Nunchuck and bow hunting skills are optional.
- Virtual theme days, photo contests, happy hours and more. Slippers encouraged.
- We work hard, but offer a great deal of flexibility. Besides flexible time off, work time is flexible when after-hours maintenance or on-call duties come up.
- Our most important "attrivute" is "Act like an Owner". Others are "keep it simple", "disagree and commit", and "think big".
- We get excited about our hackweeks and try to have large team or company events at least twice a year (or virtually when in a pandemic).
We have Mountain Bikers, Road Bikers, Skiers / Boarders (dawn patrol & resort), Runners, Video Game heroes, Movie Buffs, Musicians, and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. Someone here is just waiting to be your friend!
Our Hiring Process:
- You find or get sent this job ad.
- You read the ad.
- It piques your interest and makes you want to show your ‘skills’.
- You tell us you want in (apply, email, shout, call).
- We send you a link to use our awesome software and tell us more about yourself (includes coding).
- We invite you to do a Live interview using our software, so you can meet the team and verify the truths (and more) written here. You'll learn more about us while we learn more about you.
Don’t ignore this opportunity. Don’t be scared of change. Sometimes you just have to make a change, and we encourage it too! In fact, we have amazing alumni at Amazon, Linkedin, Google and more. By the way – they still love HireVue!
Flexible Paid Time Off | Medical, Dental, Vision | 12 Weeks Maternity & Adoption |
HireVue is transforming the way companies discover, hire, and develop the best talent by combining the power of video, games, and AI for better hiring decisions.
We are relentlessly focused on developing fair and objective hiring solutions to help our customers and their candidates, and we embrace this same focus of fair and objective hiring when we hire for our own team, striving to build a diverse and inclusive culture based on a foundation of respect and inclusion.
HireVue is available worldwide in over 30 languages and has hosted more than 14 million on-demand interviews and one million assessments. Its more than 700 customers worldwide including over one-third of the Fortune 100 and leading brands such as Unilever, JP Morgan Chase, Delta Air Lines, Vodafone, Carnival Cruise Line, and Goldman Sachs.
HireVue is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. HireVue is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.