Senior Software Engineer - Application Team
Urbint is a field risk management platform that predicts and prevents threats to critical infrastructure and the workers who maintain it to make communities safer and more resilient. Powered by artificial intelligence, Urbint pinpoints risk in the construction, servicing, replacement, and protection of infrastructure. More than 40 utilities and asset operators throughout North America rely on Urbint to make risk-driven safety decisions to protect workers, infrastructure, the community and the environment.
We are a company of coders, data scientists, infrastructure experts, entrepreneurs and creatives working together to build tools that can solve not only the challenges infrastructure operators face today, but also the challenges of tomorrow.
We build software which assists utilities and infrastructure operators work safely and efficiently. These software solutions combine user-friendly interfaces with large amounts of external data and machine learning models to drive the best possible decisions, while maintaining high security and data privacy standards.
Our Application Team partners closely with product managers, user interface designers, and our other engineering teams to develop performant, easy to use full stack web applications which drive the workflows and decisions of our customers.
- 8+ years of software development experience focused on web applications
- Understanding of work queues for scheduled and deferred tasks.
- High proficiency with relational databases and ability to profile and optimize queries.
- Experience working closely with product and account support personnel to help prioritize the best solutions to the largest problems.
- Experience designing and architecting systems to meet high standards of reliability and ease of use
- Persistent approach to problem-solving and ability to see solutions through to completion even in the face of complexities or unknowns.
- Attention to detail in work and ability to identify ambiguities in specifications.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, especially when communicating trade-offs between technical decisions to non-technical colleagues.
- Flexibility to work and maintain focus in an evolving environment.
- Experience with Flask and Celery
- Experience with React, or ClojureScript
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with large enterprise cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
What We Offer:
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities more resilient.
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package.
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid.
- Health Perks - Wellness reimbursement and citibike membership.
- Strong Culture - collaborative culture focused on teamwork, humility, and hustle.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.