Engineering Manager, Enterprise
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As Enterprise Engineering Manager, you will grow our business by helping your team of engineers grow as people and as a team, focusing specifically on one of our most critical areas of global product sales growth. Our customers include many of the largest organizations in the world. These customers are using MURAL to transform their operations at global scale, across hundreds of thousands of employees. We need you to help us help them to succeed.
Our belief is simple: Success in the Enterprise is critical to success for MURAL. Fortune 500 companies operate at a scale most companies can’t even imagine much less tackle. You knew that before you even read that sentence. You’re already thinking about the challenges of rolling out a disruptive visual collaboration product to thousands or tens of thousands of people across dozens of divisions on multiple continents. Your role as Engineering Manager of the Enterprise team makes that happen. You’re responsible for building systems senior executives of global organizations look at and say “Yes, that’s where we can build the future of our business.”
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of up to 7 Engineers.
- Occasionally manage multiple teams as an acting manager.
- Help us manage cross functional teams that include, but are not limited to, backend engineers and frontend engineers.
- Conduct 1 on 1’s with your direct reports.
- Develop the careers of your reports.
- Understand the technical needs of the team and hire engineers to fill those roles.
- Identify key process gaps within and outside your team and create a culture that helps others succeed.
- Work closely with the technical lead and product manager to perform retrospectives.
- Collaborate with people-ops, technical leads, and engineers to identify high performers, and give out bonuses and promote engineers.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- At least 2 years experience in Engineering Management.
- A computer science degree in or relevant experience in the field (we don’t expect you to write code in this role but we do expect you to have written code professionally at the level of your team).
- Experience with SaaS products, distributed systems, enterprise customers, frontend, backend, and designers (experience with NodeJS, React, Typescript, and MongoDB is a plus).
- Understanding of product management and agile methodologies
- A passion for career development.
- Ability to act as both a mediator and mentor for your team.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.