Remote - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Zipdev is looking for a Unity Developer to be a key part of bringing a new gaming platform to life with a team that loves creating and gaming.
The mission of the Unity Game Developer is threefold: Enhance today’s hottest digital tabletop games to showcase the Gameboard experience. Push the boundaries and influence the roadmap of the SDK. Create great gameboard games that showcase the functionality of the platform.
The company is a funded female-founded startup with a largely remote team, they are creating a new tabletop gaming platform with a large screen and advanced features for sensing game pieces and its environment allowing interactions impossible before now. The platform is then being loaded with game development partnerships from some of the best games on a tabletop. They are growing their foundational team, seeking highly effective forward-thinking engineers ready to get in early on something we are passionate about seeing grow.
- Experience in a game studio environment with multiple teams and modular code structure.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- Familiarity with mobile/tablet hardware interfaces (camera, gyroscope, etc.)
- Proficient in Unity (3-5 years+)
- Have launched at least one game on Steam, Epic, or console game stores, using their services
- Comfortable working with remote teams
- Experience full-cycle game design: Well-versed in best practices, production pipelines, and workflows
- Proficient with programming languages, including C/C++, Java, and C#
- Experience building libraries and APIs as well as knowledge of latest gaming trendsStrong analytical, artistic, technical skills & ability to solve complex software/coding issues
- Meeting with the design team to discuss game concepts.
- Contributing to the overall game concept & storyline.
- Generating game scripts & storyboards.
- Translating design ideas into functional game code.
- Coding the base engine of the game.
- Contributing to audio & animation design.
- Animating characters & creating levels.
- Developing game milestones & checkpoints.
- Troubleshooting code & fixing bugs.
- Creating game specifications & designing expansion packs.
- Integrating surface and hover touch into gameplay.
- Integrating private screens into gameplay.
- Enabling remote play and cross-platform play.
Bonus if you have:
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine.
- Experience in porting to consoles.
- Experience porting to mobile platforms like Apple and Android.
- Experience with Slack, JIRA, GitLab, and Google Drive.
- Games are your life: you work on them and relax with them.
- Work Remote Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week (no weekends)
- Vacation: 10 business days a year
- Holidays: 5 National Holidays a year
- Company Holidays: 5 Company Holidays a year (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Zipdev Day)
- Major Medical Insurance
- Active Lifestyle/Gym Reimbursement
- Quarterly Home Office Reimbursement
- Performance-based Bonus
- Continuous Education Bonus
- Access to Training and Professional Development Platforms
- Did we mention its REMOTE